Monday, April 25, 2011

Jazzy Joints

One night a couple of weeks ago we went to an Arthritis Foundation fundraiser called Jazzy Joints. It was a night of jazz music, dancing, and a silent auction. Kris and I weren't going to go at first because we would have to find someone to watch the kids, but the Foundation called and wanted us to come and bring the kids with us. So we did. It was at the Governor's Mansion. We had to get all dressed up.





Sweet little matching boys.




The reason we are involved with the Arthritis Foundation. At one point during the night, Layton was hungry so I had gone to the bathroom to feed him. While I was gone, the guy doing the speaking at the front had Kris and Hannah come up to the front and he talked about how arthritis affects children as well as adults. He asked Hannah a couple of questions. She was a little shy and not very talkative. But I missed the whole thing so I didn't get to take a picture of it. Then, later while I was away trying to get Layton to go to sleep (He was a bit fussy this night I think cause he didn't care for all the noise.), Governor Beebe came by and talked to Hannah and Kris and asked them some questions about Hannah. Again, I wasn't there to take pictures. So, I missed 2 of the highlights of the night!






We took the video games because we didn't know what to expect and knew we might need something to keep Mr. Lincoln busy. It worked.




It was an interesting night. It was fun to get dressed up and support a very worthwhile cause!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Girl, next time call us and we will watch the kids!