Monday, January 30, 2012

Layton is 19 months!

Layton, if I were to title this month's post about you it would probably be something like "Climbing High" or "It's the Climb" or maybe even "Climb Every Mountain (or piece of furniture)".  You are climbing onto EVERYTHING and getting into EVERYTHING!!!  And you are loving every minute of it.  Check you out...

I have caught you numerous times in the bathroom sink, water running, feet wet, brushing your teeth with Hannah's toothbrush, and having a ball doing it.  It is a wonder you have not fallen and hurt yourself.  It is so hard to keep that bathroom door closed!




I caught you trying to escape out the front door one day.

You have learned how to pull chairs around in the kitchen to get to the counter.  You are especially interested in the phone and pushing all the buttons.
No pictures of you on the tables this time, but you are constantly being taken down from a table.  You like to get into people's drinks when you can find them.
Now you know how to take the stool to Lincoln's bed and climb onto it.  You laugh and laugh and play on the bed!
You are now climbing onto the piano in the playroom--again to get to the phone. You are a MESS!! :)
You want to try everything out.  You are interested in shoes, trying everyone's on, and getting very upset when they fall off.
I caught you and Dash having a stare down one day.  You like Dash and when you hear him outside, you say, "Da" for Dash.

Like I said, you are getting into everything.  I didn't get a picture of it, but if I leave the room for a minute, you will get the fireplace broom, open the doors to the fireplace, and start sweeping out ashes.  You get a spanking for this!  Can't have you in the fireplace.

One day while I was cooking dinner, you were needing some attention, so I taught you how to do "Ring Around the Rosie".  You LOVED this and we fell down over and over again.  I love to make you laugh.


You and Lincoln are playing better this month.  He is actually wanting to play with you more--finally.  You all had the best time playing in this cardboard house you got for Christmas.


I have been trying to read to you and Lincoln together in Linc's bed lately.  You just love this and get very excited when I tell you to get in the bed so we can read a story.
I have also started reading you a bible story before nap time out of this toddler bible I got.  You really like it and know exactly what we are going to do before taking a nap.  I love this sweet time with you.
You were saying "Bang Bang" with Lincoln's gun here.

We have been going to the park on many of the nice days we have been having lately.  You enjoy climbing up the big slide and sliding down!
You are still taking 2 naps most days.  I am going to let you do this as long as I can!  This day you had been running errands with me all morning and fell asleep before I met Daddy for lunch.  You stayed asleep most of the time we were eating.
I love to cuddle with you.  I especially love when you occasionally wake up in the middle of the night or a bit too early in the mornings and we put you in our bed.  You snuggle up to me and I just love it.

You are a funny little guy.  You are showing your personality so much these days.  You make the funniest faces sometimes.  I caught you on Daddy's laptop one day.  Cracked me up because it looked like you were trying to work just like Daddy.

You got your last eye tooth this month and I wonder if you aren't trying to get some molars.  You have had a cold or two as well and would be a little grumpy and have a hard time going to sleep.

You are still eating great!  One night I caught you helping yourself to a few cherry tomatoes that I had thrown in the trash can.  I told you no but I turned my back for a minute and then found you chomping down on them saying, "Yum!" the whole time.  You love tomatoes!  Ha!

Layton - 19 months



We love you, Layton!  Thanks for keeping me on my toes!

No comments: