Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Color Run!!!

Last Saturday morning some friends and I did our first Color Run!  We were all so excited about it.  It is a 5K where you get peppered with different colors along the way.  It benefits different organizations.  Little Rock's was the Little Rock Parks and Recreation.  It was a great morning for some outdoor fun.

Leanne and I got there a little before the other girls.  We had to get before the color pictures!


Check our our face tattoos!  I felt like a kid!  Ha!


Carrie, her sister-in-law Caroline, and Caroline's roommate joined us.  Here are Carrie, Leanne, and I waiting in line to get started.




At every kilometer there was a different color zone.  The first color was pink!  Here we are about to hit it!  The color is actually a powdery substance hence the big pink cloud!


Everybody after being blasted by pink color!!



Next, came blue!!


I had my phone and was snapping pictures kind of with my eyes closed going through the fog!


This one hit the face!!


After the blue zone!





 


 Yellow zone!  You went through with your hands raised and your eyes closed!  You even turned around and around if you wanted to!


After the yellow!


We stopped and posed for this picture along the way.


The last zone was orange.  By the time we got to this one, they were running out of color so they weren't able to squirt us too much.


So...  I had to have a little orange!  Hehe!!


Carrie picked up some color and threw it at Caroline.  It got in her eyes and kind of stung for a minute.


But she was still all smiles!



When you crossed the finish line, you were supposed to throw up the packet of color that they gave you in your race packet.  A couple of us had a green color and others had pink.  There were also purple and lime green too.  So, we added a little more color at the end.


Leanne and I stayed for a bit longer after the other girls left.  They did several more color throws that we got in on!



We laughed and laughed!  It was so much fun!



They were throwing out prizes and more color packets.  We were trying to grab all we could.  At one point, a girl near us through purple in my eye.  I did have time to close them though.  Ha!







Oh my!!  What a fun morning!  Glad I could do it with my friends!!


2 comments:

Mike & Leanne said...

That really was a lot of fun and I'm already counting down to next year's run!!! I'm so glad we could do it together!!! Love ya!

kristen g. said...

How fun! I'm thinking about doing a 5k in January, just not sure about how cold it will really be! The color run sounds really cool :)