Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Layton's Toddler Bed!

Christmas night we decided to convert Layton's crib to the toddler bed.  Kris had been wanting to do it for a couple of months but I wasn't quite ready.  We converted it for Lincoln when he was 2 1/2.  Layton was 2 1/2 in December, so I gave in.  He was very excited and had the cutest smile on his face the whole time we were getting it ready.  I love that we still had the toddler bedding from Lincoln that matches the room so well.



There will definitely be some jumping on the bed I am pretty sure.


Look at that smile!


All ready for bed!


He has done great in it.  That first night was when the power went off so Kris actually slept on the floor beside him for a while and then climbed in bed with Lincoln.  He woke up a bit earlier than normal that morning and came and got in bed with me and Hannah.  So far some nights he gets up multiple times after we put him down.  Sometimes he asks for a drink.  Sometimes it is because his brother has gotten up for some reason and he just follows.  Sometimes he tells me he's itchy or random things like that.  Ha!  He does pretty well at naptime in it too.  He may get up a time or two.  It just depends on how tired he is.

I love how he comes walking out of his room on his own and is so excited to see us!!  My precious boy is growing up!!

My thought is that we will keep the toddler bed up maybe till this summer and then put it up and take down the bunk beds and rearrange the room a bit.  I know Lincoln could handle being on the top bunk and would probably like it, but I don't really want to have to always be watching out for the little climber that would constantly be climbing the ladder.  We'll see, but that is the plan.  For now, he loves his new bed and he is a happy little guy!


No comments: