Monday, November 9, 2015

1st Days at First Southern

September 8th was Layton's first day of his last year of preschool.  We decided to not send him on to Kindergarten this year even though age wise he could have gone.  It wasn't an easy decision at all.  He was 5 on June 21st.  He did Pre-K 4 last year and his teacher said he was ready to go to Kindergarten.  I don't doubt that he would have been fine if he'd gone.  However, he is small for his age, a boy, and my baby--all reasons for the decision.  Just about everyone I talked to made the comment that we would never regret it.  I don't think we will.

Things really worked out when I got a job at First Southern as their Music Teacher.  So, I signed Layton up there.  They have the perfect class for him.  It is a 5 year old class full of other kids that have similar late birthdays.  He is getting to do Pre-K 4 again, but with a different teacher and different curriculum.







His class!







I forgot to take a picture of me on my first day.  Kris sent me flowers up to the school which was totally unexpected and made my day.  He can be so thoughtful.  


I am really enjoying school.  I think it was a great fit for Layton and I this year and I am thankful!

No comments: