Sunday, March 12, 2017

Ledger at 10 months

My monthly tie stickers are getting harder to keep on my boy!  He wants to take them off before I can get his picture!  He has really gotten busier this month!

Ledger started really crawling over the weekend of March 10-11.  I didn't think he was ever going to crawl, but he finally decided he would, I guess.  Now there is no stopping him.  Life just got so much busier!!!

Just for my records, he rolled from back to belly for the first time around February 21.  

He also used a sippy cup for the first time around February 22.

He sat up in his bed for the first time on March 8.  He woke up crying and sitting up.  I think he surprised himself.  Prior to this, he was just content to lie there when he would wake up.  Those days are gone.  It was just about time to lower the bed.

Ledger said his official first word this month.  It was "Da" for Dash.  He would say that and point outside at Dash and get really excited.  He can also say Mama and Dada on occasion.  He says "bye-bye" and waves.  He waves for bye-bye and Hi.  He is jabbering a lot.  He wants to talk.

He still loves his rubber duck in the bath and really gets excited to read books with me before going night night.

He is still eating lots of different kinds of food.  He has absolutely no food issues at all right now, which is awesome!  For my records, I think he got the pincher grasp down pretty well around 9 1/2 months.  He has started to bite me some while nursing.  This is miserable.  I scream and he cries.  I have to wait for him to calm down before he will go back to nursing.  He still nurses 4 times a day.  Our feeding times are 7:00, 11:00, 4:00, and 8:30ish (or whenever it works in the schedule in the evening).  He eats typically some egg with all of us for breakfast, then I nurse him, take the big kids to school, and come home and give him either cereal or yogurt.  After I nurse him at 11:00, he eats lunch with me either baby food or whatever I am having.  He nurses at 4:00 and then eats dinner with us.  The last feeding is right before bed.

He is sleeping pretty well still.  He wakes up a little too early for me some days like around 5:45.  I will typically put him in bed with me until I get up at 6:15.  Some days he will go back to sleep for a little bit, but is typically up again at 6:30 with the other kids.

Ledger definitely understands what "no" means and will shake his head when he knows he shouldn't touch something like the fireplace utensils.  He went through a stage where he would go over to them and touch them.  I would tell him "no" and then he would reach to touch them again, but shake his head no and look at me.  He is learning!

He still wears size 4 diapers and mostly 12 months clothes but is starting to wear some 18 month things.  His shoe size is 4.

Ledger gets so many comments when we are out about his red hair.  It is so funny to me.  People ask where it came from.  We have figured out that my grandmother's mother (Mama Cille's mother) had some red hair.  (I think that is right.)  So, who knows?  Maybe it is from her?

I think that is everything I can remember right now.  Ledger is such a sweetheart.



No comments: