Thursday, August 11, 2011

Lots of Random

I've got lots of random pictures that I need to blog about so here goes!  Lots of them are from my cell phone.  Those things are so handy.

I get in the crafty mood quite often.  I love to do crafty things.  I love to paint things.  I'm not the best at it, but I so enjoy doing it.  So when I come across something I want to try to do, I try to make it happen--in the cheapest way possible.  I had been wanting a cute door hanger for quite some time.  They are just so expensive to buy.  I had been noticing lots of them made out of tin.  I figured I could do it and I knew just where to get the free tin--my Dad!  Thanks Dad!  I used some tin cutters and cut out my shape which was actually pretty hard to do.  Then, I painted this.  I like how it turned out.  I think I would love to do more like it--maybe some other shapes.

Our church picnic this summer was at Burns Park.  It was really fun as always.  The kids loved climbing the rock climbing wall.  Lincoln actually got pulled up.
 However, Hannah climbed it all my herself!  We were so proud of her.  I couldn't believe she actually did it.  She was proud too.

 We have been going to Wild River Country once or twice a week this summer.  Yes, I take all three kids by myself.  I have to really be on my toes, but I can do it.  The way I feel about it is you gotta do what you gotta do.  I LOVE to be in the water, it is great for the kids, it is HOT outside, it gives us something to pass the days.  SO you gotta do what you gotta do!  I will say this.  I don't get much picture taking done there because I am watching the kids so closely.  Their swimming abilities are coming along.  Hannah and Lincoln both are doing really well swimming underwater.  Hannah is starting to learn to tread water.  She wants to learn so bad.  Maybe next year we will actually do swim lessons.  Layton loves the water.  I have to watch him super close in the kiddy pool because now that he is walking, he wants to walk but falls over easily.  I have to be right there to pick him up.  When we go to another pool area, I put him in a baby floaty so I can handle the big kids better.  It works!  Kris goes with us on the weekends when we go.  The kids get to do the slides with him.  They have really enjoyed them!
 One night back in July we went to a Travelers game.  It was Layton's first baseball game.
 It was a night when the Zooperstars were there.  They are hilarious and so much fun to watch.  We had a great time despite the heat.
 Uncle Jeff went with us.  He was making a goofy face in this picture.
 Like I said, it was hot.  We were all very sweaty.  Layton's hair was really long at the time.  Love this picture of him!

 One night when the big kids were at Mimi and Pappaw's for the week, Kris, Layton and I went to get shaved ice.  Layton loves shaved ice!  The kids had so much fun at Mimi and Pappaw's that week.  I enjoyed getting to reminisce what it was like to have one kid for a few days.  Boy was that the easy life!
 Layton was really needing another haircut so I took him to Pigtails and Crewcuts the week the kids were gone.  It was his first time there.  He did great.  He wasn't too sure at first, but was easily distracted.  This was his hair before the cut.



 After the cut.  Such a big boy!



This is just a random picture I took one day of Hannah "all dressed up." So funny.


We have been trying to spend as much time outside as possible.  This usually comes at the end of the day when it is not quite as hot.  This is just a cute picture of Layton sitting in a chair we repainted for the kids.
Last week we used a Groupon I had gotten a while back to The Wonder Place.  We went with a few friends and then went to McDonald's nearby with the Stephens and Dyniewskis for lunch.  Then, we went back for a bit more play time.  Layton had such a great time.  It was the perfect place for him.  He loved exploring everywhere.  This ball thing kept he and Lincoln busy for a long time.


Chef Hannah was in this area for a long time cooking up a storm!
A couple of Sundays ago, Emma came home with us after church for the afternoon to play with Hannah.  They played in Hannah's room most of the afternoon.

They did each others hair and dressed up.

Hannah was done with pictures here, but they had so much fun together.  We'll have to do that again for sure!  Perfect little play date!
I can't believe we go to Open House at Hannah's school tonight.  This summer has FLOWN by.

No comments: