Saturday, June 30, 2012

Pickin Blueberries

I am way behind on blogging about this, but had to get it in because it was so much fun!  A few weeks ago, the kids and I went and picked blueberries with Stacey, Kenzie, and Karly.  We went to Bo Brook Farms out near Roland.  It wasn't too far and was definitely worth the effort!!

Just for my memory, if you pick your own, they were $2 a pint.  I ended up getting a bit over a gallon.  They had wonderful looking blackberries too, but we didn't really need them right now since Mimi and Pappaw gave us some of theirs!

I have never picked blueberries before, but it was super easy.  It was great for the kids to do all by themselves--except for Layton.  He is not quite old enough to know what to pick, so he had to stay in the stroller.








The kids worked really hard filling up their buckets.  The big tub in the front of this picture was all of ours put together.


We did a lot with our berries.  We ate some just plain because we all love them!!




I made a blueberry crisp that was delicious with a scoop or two of ice cream on top!!


I made homemade blueberry muffins for breakfast!!



I made blueberry syrup which Lincoln and I had on our waffles one night!!


We made yummy blueberry, strawberry, and banana smoothies!!  The kids all LOVED these and so did Kris and I.  Kris is the official smoothie maker in our family and he can make some great ones!






We had all of that and I froze a bunch of bags as well in one cup amounts.  So we will get to enjoy our blueberries for quite some time!  Yay!!!


No comments: