Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentines Day 2013

I tried to make Valentine's Day extra special for the kids this year.  One day after school last week, we made heart shaped sugar cookies and they got to ice and decorate them.










Then, on Valentine's Day they woke up to this.


I woke up to a special surprise too--that I didn't know was there when I went to bed!



I got the kids Madagascar 3 which they were able to watch on the way to Grandma and Grandad's that night.  They love that movie!


Everyone also got their own box of candy and a sucker.  Lincoln got Whoppers.


Since I had done the 14 Things I Love About My Valentine on the blog, I thought it would be neat for Kris and I each to write 3 things that we love about each kid.  Here is Lincoln reading his.  He just grinned the whole time.  I think he liked it!


Lincoln was the first one up.  When Hannah got up, this is what she looked like.  I had no idea she had done that to herself after she got in bed the night before.  She likes to try to make her hair curly!  Cracks me up!


Layt was the last one to get up and he looked a big confused.  Once he warmed up, he thought it was his birthday!  Ha!


Hannah reading her note.  I read Layton's to him.  Kris had written 3 things to me too.  So sweet!


 After they had checked everything out, I made them pink pancakes for breakfast!


I spent the rest of my morning packing for Kansas City and attempting to make my first cake from scratch.  I had gone the night before to get groceries and thought I would get a strawberry cake mix and make Kris a heart shaped strawberry cake.  Well, they were completely out of strawberry cake mixes.  So, I found a homemade recipe (that had gotten really good reviews) and got the ingredients to try to make one myself.  It was definitely a lot more work than a boxed mix.  The one thing that some people did say about this cake was that it tended to be really dense.  Well, that is what happened to mine.  I didn't think it came out all that great.  Oh well.  I tried.  :-)


This year we made the kids' Valentines to hand out to their class.  Of course, Pinterest has the cutest ideas.  That is where I got these two!  The kids really liked them.



The kids' school parties were at the same time that day, so I decided to go to Linc's party this time.  They had cupcakes and juice.


Then, each kid came up to the front and all the other kids came up one by one and gave them their Valentine.  After all that, the kids sang us some cute songs to show some of the things they have been learning.  I wish I had videoed them!  Lincoln was super excited about all his candy.  That dude is a candy LOVER!!!!


1 comment:

Matt and Rachel said...

Harrison had the same Valentines! I don't know what I did before pinterest. :) Wish we lived closer -- bet these boys would be the best of friends@