Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hanging Around the Farm

Two weekends ago, the kids and I went back home to see Mimi and Pappaw while Kris went to KC to help out there.  It had been a week since Dad's accident and this is what his poor leg looked like.


That contraption was somehow put through his bones I guess to hold his ankle together and help the bones to begin to grow back??  He is still waiting to have surgery to fix everything.  He gets around the house with a wheelchair borrowed from the church, but spends most of his time in his recliner.  I know he and Mom both will be glad when he is back at it!  It has been hard seeing Lyle and then my own dad down.  I don't like this one bit, but I am just so thankful they are both alright.

I was in a picture taking mood while I was there.  They have so much wild life around the farm.  I love to see it.  My parents love birds and have several bird feeders around.


Dash loves to be on the farm.  I know he loves the freedom.  He would probably love to be there all the time, but I, selfishly, just can't bear to part with him right now.





Jeff came home too to work on that barn roof that Dad didn't get to finish.  He was bound and determined to figure out how to do it safely.  He bought a tool belt and rigged up something where he was able to tie himself off to keep from falling.


He is such a hard worker.  He and Wes both amaze me at their abilities to do things like this.  They were lucky to have a Dad to watch and were blessed with that kind of mind, I guess.  Amazes me.  Wes came home too on Saturday afternoon and he got out and helped Jeff finish up one whole side of the roof.  Dad spent much of this time sitting in his wheelchair by the back doors with his binoculars watching them.  Cracked Mom and I up.  I am kicking myself for not taking his picture.  :)


The kids had a lot of fun playing in Pappaw's barn.  Layton fell in some mud (and probably a little cow manure mixed in there too) and got filthy, but he didn't care.


Hay fight!!!


These little monkeys climbed all over the place.



Total monkey!


Then, they decided they'd wash themselves off and got into the water hose.



Fun times hanging around the farm.  Lots to see and do.  I enjoyed Mom's cooking so much.  She made a yummy Strawberry Pie.  Always so good to be home.

No comments: