Wednesday, September 11, 2013

First Day of School 2013!

My poor blog.  It is so neglected.  The last 2 1/2 weeks since school started have flown by!!  Hannah and Lincoln started school on Monday, August 19th.  I can't believe we have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader!!!  Here are the usual "first day of school" pictures with a little help this year from Pinterest.  :-)  Of course, Layton has to get in on the action too.









A few days before we went to Open House to meet their teachers.  Lincoln has Mrs. Smith this year.  I love this picture of him.  Such a handsome dude.  He has had a couple of not-so-good days where he has had his card written on.  He has gotten in trouble for playing and talking when he is supposed to be in a center writing.  Well, he does not like to write--at all, so he is easily distracted and gets himself into a bit of trouble.  We are working on it, though, and I know he will be fine.  Lincoln doesn't care too much for school he tells me, except for recess.  I have been working with him at home on his letter and number writing.  He still gets a few backwards.  He absolutely HATES to do this, so we have had some hard afternoons.  BUT I know it is helping, so I have started rewarding him with candy (his favorite thing) and it is making it more bearable for both of us!


Hannah has Mrs. Denker this year.  She really likes her.  She seems to be doing well and is learning all kinds of things.  Her spelling words are noticeably harder this year and she is learning how to add double and triple digit numbers as well as getting into multiplication and division.  She loves to check out Mrs. Denker's book collection and is always reading a book that she has borrowed from her.  I am glad she likes to read so much!  She is just growing up!!  She is fixing her own hair most days unless she needs help with a high pony tail.  :-)  She has started picking out her own clothes the night before.  This has helped in the last week to avoid fights about clothes.  (Yes, we have had them.)  I am working on letting go, but it is hard.  Ha!


The first day of school this year was a little different.  They actually had us drop the kids off at the gym instead of walking them to their classrooms.  So, I didn't get to take a picture of them sitting at their desk.  Here they are in the gym!



I can tell this year is going to be fun, interesting and probably challenging!  I just pray that God will give Hannah and Lincoln the things that they need to be able to learn, grow, and have fun too!  And I pray that God will help me to know how to teach them to be the kind of people that He wants them to be!!!

No comments: