Friday, September 13, 2013

Layton's First Day of MDO

Layton started Mother's Day Out last Thursday.  He only goes on Thursdays from 9:30 to 2:30.  I never did MDO with the other kids, but I am really glad to have it this go around.  I love every moment with my boy, but a little break once a week is heavenly.  

I think he had mixed feelings about going to "school."  One minute he'd say he wanted to go and the next he'd say he didn't.  We went the week before to meet the teachers and see his room.  He was definitely nervous, but when we got there, he immediately went in and started playing.  When it was time to go, he didn't want to leave.  So, I knew he would be fine.

The morning of his first day, he was a little wishy-washy about it.  He was happy to get to hold a sign like Hannah and Lincoln did for their first days of school.  He had a huge boo boo on his nose from a bad fall at baseball practice a couple of nights before.  :(  



He walked right in again like a big boy.  I had to remind him to give me a kiss.  He planted the biggest, longest kiss on my lips before running back in the room and starting to play.  I was so proud of him.  He had a great day, was happy, and did great at rest time.  I had a good day myself.  I had a meeting with Kelly and Kristi about our new PV MOMs Bible Study that started this week, had lunch with Carrie and Leanne, and got groceries.  I can't remember the last time I had lunch with friends in the middle of the day with no kids around.  It was so nice!!


My little guy is really growing up.  He talks so big and is a big talker!!!  Right now he is into asking me if God made certain things.  Most of the time this is in the car.  He'll say, "Mom, God made trees?  God made roads?  God made treats?  God made the sun?"  I have to explain to him if it is something that man has made.  His little mind is working and I love that.  He just has the sweetest personality.  He is so loving and kind-hearted.  He is quick to say he's sorry if he realizes he's done something he shouldn't have.  He'll say "I sorry I do dat Mom."  He is good at saying thank you too.

One morning the big kids were waiting for their ride to school out at the driveway (A neighbor friend is taking them to school and I pick up her 3 kids.), while they were getting in the car, Layton yells, "Bye Hannah and Lincoln. I love you!"  Melted my heart.  He is always ready to go pick them up as soon as he wakes up from his nap even if it is not quite time.

He loves on me when I tuck him into bed.  I get really close to his face and will sing him a couple of songs.  He will stroke my face or my hair and just look at me and sing.  He has no problem holding my hand as we walk into places.  This was always a battle with my other two--so I notice it with him.  He is such a precious, precious gift.  I got choked up yesterday while talking to Kris about him.  God knew what I needed when he blessed me with this little guy!!!!



No comments: