Monday, October 28, 2013

Block Party!

The last Saturday in September my neighborhood had its first block party since we have lived here (which is 5 years).  They used to have them around the 4th of July years ago, but hadn't had one in a long time.  A couple of ladies from down the street, Stacey and Gina, and I did all the planning.  Stacey made flyers,  I went door to door and passed them out, I went and bought all the hamburger meat, hotdogs, and buns, and everyone that came brought sides and desserts.  

We had a lot of good food!!  The weather was perfect too--until about 8:00 when it started to sprinkle.  This actually worked out fine.  We cleaned up because we thought it was really going to start raining.  It actually didn't, but it was the perfect amount of time for the party really.



I thought the turnout was really good.  I don't know the number who came, but I think it was more than I thought would!





All the kiddos played and had so much fun!


We had a few games like a bean bag toss.  Here is Lincoln playing with Mr. David who lives down the street.


We had a t.v. out so that everyone could watch the Razorback game!


It was good to get to talk to people and get to know them better.  I love our neighborhood.  It is quiet and has a good mix of sweet older people and plenty of kids for our kids to play with!  Hopefully, this block party will become a yearly thing!!!


No comments: