Thursday, October 24, 2013

Kenzie's Horseback Riding Birthday Party

Back at the end of September, Hannah's friend, Kenzie, turned nine and had a horseback riding birthday party out at Pinnacle Mountain.  I dropped the boys off with Kris at work to finish off the day that Friday and Hannah and I got to go by ourselves.  She was excited about getting to ride a horse!





They ended up only having one guide that day when they usually have two.  Because of that and how short Hannah is, she had to ride with me.  I was a little perturbed at that because I hate that she was being penalized for her height.  Kenzie, Laura, and Ashley got to ride by themselves.  I was worried that it would bother her, but it didn't seem to.





The horseback riding was for about an hour.  We went through creeks, pastures, and trails in the woods.  At one point I thought our horse was getting too close to the side of the trail (there was a little cliff next to us) and I pulled back on the reigns a little too hard.  He started to back up and just about went off the trail.  Totally freaked me and the guide out!!!  It was slightly embarrassing too.  We recovered though and still had fun! Ha!

After we finished our ride, the girls went back to the park to play, have cake, and open gifts.




Stacey made Kenzie's cake, of course.  It was a Duck Dynasty theme.  It was really cute and DELICIOUS!!



We got Kenzie a girly bow and arrow set.  It just screamed her to me!  I think she liked it!


All the girls.  I am not sure why Hannah posed this way.  Silly girl.


I am very thankful for the friendship these two have.  They are two weeks apart in age and so they have grown up together.  I hope they always stay friends!



No comments: