Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hannah's Room Redo

For Hannah's birthday back in October, we told her we would redo/update her room.  It has taken us a while to finally get it completely done, but I love how it turned out!  I think she does too!

We started with the walls.  I loved the turquoise and her bedding but it was time for a change.  We sold her furniture on Craigslist.  I was a little sad to part with it since it was her baby furniture, but she really needs more space in her room so we decided to down size on the bed.


Kris decided he wanted to retexture the walls.  So, he borrowed a nice texture machine thing from a lady that they use at work to do paint.  





I guess it is the lighting in this picture that is making the walls look green.  Here is Kris starting to put the texture on.  This was back in November.





I forgot to take pictures of the walls after they were painted.  We chose a light purple color and this bedding from Target.  I had been admiring it for awhile, but then couldn't find it in the stores.  I ended up finding it on-line for super cheap!  




We knew we wanted a twin bed, a desk, a night stand, a chest of drawers, and a bookcase for her new room.  So, I set out to find these things.  Along the way, I discovered that I LOVE to go to antique stores.  I love looking at all the old treasures that are there.  I really enjoyed hunting for just the right things to put in her room.  We had already decided to use this head board that was in Jimmy's (Kris' boss) storage unit.  We sold several things for him in a garage sale we did a while back.  We bought the headboard, a twin mattress set, and a chest from him.  Worked out perfectly!!




I found this desk at an antique store in Benton.


 Here are some pictures of the room after we finally got done.

Kris painted the chest and I made the paint chip canvas on the wall.


I found this black leather looking decor fabric at Hobby Lobby to recover the headboard.  Kris did it and it was really quite easy!


I found the little night stand at Hancock Fabrics of all places.  The lamp was from Home Goods.




Kris and I painted the desk.  We reused the bulletin board that we had covered in fabric for her other room by taking off the fabric and painting the cork black and the frame pink.


I found this chair for $20 at an antique store in Little Rock.


Kris painted it.  I got the fabric at Hobby Lobby and he re-upholstered it.  I love how it turned out!



The black bookcase was from Target.  I searched and searched for one at an antique store but never found the right thing.  This one from Target was perfect!



The curtains took me a while.  At first I bought some two tone purple ones.  I liked them but I knew they were not quite right.  So, I took them back and kept looking.  I knew I wanted something with a little texture.  I found some ruffled knit fabric at Hobby Lobby (I love that store!) and bought some black curtain rod clip rings to hang it.  There was no sewing involved in these curtains.  All I did was cut them to fit.






I love these kinds of projects.  It took a while but it was so fun! Hannah has more room to play, a desk to write on, and a place for her books--all things we wanted to accomplish.



No comments: