Monday, March 3, 2014

Valentines Day!

For Valentine's Day this year, I got the kids each a set of paint pens and a pad of paper.  I forgot to get a picture of them opening their valentines that morning.  

Here are the Valentines that the kids took to their teachers.  Our printer was out of colored ink, so I had to improvise and hand-write all the notes.


These were the valentines Layton took to his MDO class.


The big kids had to make Valentines boxes for school.  They thought and thought about what they wanted to do.  Lincoln finally decided he wanted his to look like Olaf from the Frozen movie.  He was the really funny snowman.  Well, he didn't really want to help too much on it, so I will admit, I did most of it.


Hannah got the idea for hers off Pinterest but she completely did it by herself.  It turned out cute and is so HER!  I love it!


Layton didn't have to have one for his class, but because the other two were making theirs he decided he HAD to have one too!  He chose this Superman one.  I love the felt cape on the back!  I think I will be saving it for next year.  Maybe I can get out of having to make him another one.  ha!



The kids chose Fun Dip for their valentines for their class.  Here's how we made them a little more personal.





Lincoln's class had a chocolate fountain for their party!  I think it was a huge hit with the kids!


Hannah's class didn't really have a big party.  They had goodies and then someone brought mustaches for all the kids.  This is her class showing off their mustaches!


Kris took Hannah on their yearly daddy/daughter date that night.  We actually all met up at the movies that afternoon and watched The Nut Job first.   


The boys and I went to eat afterwards at Firehouse Subs--Lincoln's choice.



When I got to my car after the movie, I found this big canvas and a card waiting on me.  I love it! Kris loves biscuits and gravy and he said when he saw this he knew he had to get it.


Kris took Hannah to Sakura, a Japanese steakhouse for dinner and then to get her nails done.  He got her the sweetest card and a precious necklace that was a heart with a cross in it.  He told her it was a reminder for her.  "The heart in the necklace is to remind you how much your mom and I love you.  The cross in the middle is to remind you about how much Jesus loves you.  If you do nothing else in life but to love God, you will make your mom and I as proud as we could be."  What an awesome daddy and what a very lucky little girl.

No comments: