Thursday, June 5, 2014

Teacher Appreciation Week

I like Teacher Appreciation week.  I like saying thanks to the kids' teachers.  I enjoy coming up with neat things to give them and I hope that my kids are learning about being givers and thankers by watching and participating in this each year.  So, this post is just to document what we did.

I think that having the kids personally write a note of thanks to their teacher is a great idea.  This year Lincoln was really able to write his own and it was really sweet.  Along with the notes, we gave them stuff to make lemonade.



Lincoln's teacher's dad had passed away recently and I love how he put how sorry he was in his note.  He would pray for his teacher's dad some nights while saying the prayer at dinner.  



One of the days it was recommended to send a school supply.  So, we gave them little post-its with a nice pen.  They wrote  "Take note I think you are AWESOME, Love, Hannah/Lincoln" on the sides.



Layton wanted to get in on the fun so we gave his MDO teacher some strawberries.


Another day we did their teachers favorite drink and a gift card to their favorite place.  At the beginning of the year, I had their teachers fill out a "Favorite Things" sheet and it has been a big help.  I will definitely be doing that again.


On the day they were supposed to wear their teacher's favorite color, we did a little manicure kit with a pretty summer color of polish plus lotion, polish remover, and a manicure set.


The kids had great teachers this year.  They each really liked their teachers and learned and grew so much.  That is such a blessing.  I can't believe this year is just about over!





No comments: