Monday, August 11, 2014

Lordy, Lordy Look Who Turned 40!

On June 26th, this little cutie turned the big 4-0!!!





































I HAD to do something special for him.  This is a big birthday!  So, I plotted.  I asked as many of his friends/family that I could find (mainly through facebook) to write him a little note.  I got 33 which I was super pleased with because I didn't give people a lot of time to do it.  I loved all the notes so much and swelled with pride at the things people wrote about him.  I especially loved all the notes from his Australian friends.  I didn't know Kris back then, but I sure wish I had.

I made this collage of pictures for him.


My idea was to go up to his office Wednesday night after church and decorate it.  His birthday was the next day and so I wanted him to walk in and be surprised.  I usually go get groceries on Wednesday night after church so that is what I told him I was doing.  One of his co-workers, Cynthia, met me up there and helped me alot!






I put all the notes for him in this little scrapbook and left it on his desk.


Along with some oreos, his favorite.


I made strawberry cupcakes with white icing for his office to share the next day.  They ordered WingStop for lunch which he loves.



We put a sign in the elevator!


Me and my partner in crime.


I don't know how much of a surprise this all was to him.  He is hard to surprise.  I didn't care so much about that.  All I wanted was for him to know how special he is, not just to me, but to alot of other people as well.  Hopefully, I did that.

Just a little side note about Kris:

He participated in a really neat year-long program that ended the day after his birthday with lunch/graduation at Embassy Suites.  The program is called Leadership Greater Little Rock.  It seeks to develop community leaders by training and informing participants on an array of local public policy issues and concerns.  The program combines a full slate of topics, including government, the local economy, education, and more.  The goal: to develop a network of competent leaders for present and future community needs.  He met a lot of people, shared many laughs , learned alot and got to see/hear some neat things about our city.  He was interviewed and picked to get to do this program.


Here he is getting his graduation certificate. :-)


Right after this lunch we left to head to Kansas City to visit his parents.  He LOVES the Kansas City Royals, so his parents took the whole family to a ball game.




Hannah with Lindsey.





Unfortunately, it started to rain on us and so they had to delay the game at around the 5th inning.  We stayed and hung out in the stands for a while to see how long it would take to start back up.  We finally decided to leave and found out later it took 4 hours.  







Layton sitting with Aunt Mona.





Isabelle and Hannah



Keims can sleep ANYWHERE!!!


Kris and Addison.  Cutie.


I hope he enjoyed his birthday and felt super special!


No comments: