Monday, September 8, 2014

Some summer stuff!

Well, our computer has been on the outs so I have not been able to catch up like I had wanted to.  But thanks to my super smart brother, Jeff, it is back up and running again.  So, my goal is to get caught up by Friday!

July for us was full of lots of things.

Besides swimming and a swim meet, there was a girl's night out for me, church camp for Hannah, and lots of odds and ends.  Here are some:

Lots of Lego building by this guy.  Note the picture of his room.  It has actually been worse believe it or not.  (Possibly a sign that we have too many Legos.)





We have a super Life Group right now.  There are 6 families with between 15 to 17 kids ranging in age from 4 to a high school senior.  I have really enjoyed getting to know these couples more and worshiping and fellowshipping with them each week.


This particular week we were blessed to have the Guild family with us.  They are missionaries in Mwanza, Tanzania.  We love their family so much and enjoyed catching up with them.  Hannah and their daughter Rebecca, who is Hannah's age, have been writing to each other for a bit now.  They are pen pals.  I love that!



Some of the kids were saying prayers here.  Layton ALWAYS wants to!


This was Hannah one Sunday night singing with Layton during Life Group.  Sweet sister.


Layton is LOVING helping me in the kitchen.


I've even started letting him chop some things because he begs me to.


Hannah and I went and had pedicures.  I think this was the first time she had had a real one, soaking feet and all.  I love our girl time.


While Hannah was off at camp, the boys wanted to wash the van.  So, I let them have at it.







What better way to end all their "hard work" than with some ice cream from the ice cream truck.



We went to a few free summer movies as well this summer.


Another thing we did towards the end of July is we rode our bikes to the park several times.


Layton is finally able to ride his bike well now.


Hanging out along the park trails.





I got Kris this tailgating set at Christmas and the boys broke it out to play with it one day.  They liked it.  Boys love to throw things.  Ha!


Lincoln's swim team had their team picture made one night.  He is towards the bottom right hand side on the steps.  :-)  




Both kids have played and played with their neighborhood friends this summer.  One day Hannah and Madden wanted to sew.  I got them some scrap fabric and they went to town.  They absolutely had a blast.



They made pillows and bows and who knows what else.


Lincoln and Hannah enjoyed going to Wednesday night Faith In Action at church this summer.  One of their projects was to go help sort school supplies for an inner city school that our church helps out.  Hannah was in Texarkana that week so she wasn't there.   Lincoln was all about filling those backpacks.  When we were done, the four of us stopped and prayed specifically for the teacher of the room we stocked.  I hope it made an impression on the boys, especially Lincoln.  It did me.  We are so blessed.


 Mr. Imagination here.  Cracks.me.up.  He made this get up and called himself Iron Man.  Notice the shoes.  Haha!!


We did a little painting.


Mimi came and stayed with us for a while to help me out after my appendectomy.  She is such an awesome grandmother and a HUGE help to me!!


This is a picture of most of the kids in our Life Group at a house warming party we had at the Stephens' new house.  They were all glued to whatever they were watching.


I don't have any pictures from when the kids were in Texarkana for several days.  The boys went while Hannah and I went on a girls trip.  Then, we swapped and Hannah stayed with my parents for the second half of the week.  Mimi took them shopping and let them pick out their own clothes and a few accessories.  The boys got Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle caps and watches and Hannah got some fake glasses and jewelry.  Ha!   Pappaw took the boys to a cattle sale and of course there was four wheeler riding.  That trip just about ended our summer.  It was a good one but it flew by!


No comments: