Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Valentines Day

Valentines Day was pretty low key this year.  Kris and I didn't do anything for each other.  Our kitchen upgrade was our Valentine I guess.  I was fine with that!

Hannah and Lincoln had to make Valentines boxes for school.  I took them to Wal-mart and bought them some supplies (of their choosing) so their little creative minds could go to work.  Lincoln wanted some feathers and tape.  Hannah chose wrapping paper and tissue paper.  Then, they went to town.  I loved it because I didn't have to do much at all.  :-)



The big kids had their parties on the 12th.  Lincoln's class just did a cookie exchange.


Hannah's class just had snacks and then passed out their Valentines.  When I got there Hannah informed me that she had received a carnation from a boy in another class.  Love her face.  She thought it was funny.  It cracks me up because every year she seems to get something from a boy.  Lord, help us for the future!


That night I went to bunko at my friend Stacey's house.  She is doing the Daniel Plan with myself and several others in our bunko group so she made a healthly chili that was really yummy.  The dessert she had planned some time before and couldn't really change.  She had made and iced some sugar cookies and made them into a little box with a hole in the center.  We filled them with candy, topped them with another cookie, and decorated them.  It was kind of torture not getting to eat them because we can't have sugar on the Daniel Plan.  So, I brought ours home and froze them!!!!  Kris and I will enjoy them on March 21st!!!!!


Layton's party was the next day.  They had snacks and played games which is their usual party.








Even though our Valentines Day was low key, it was still filled with lots of sweetness, sugar (for the kids anyway), and love!

No comments: