Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Layton's 5th Birthday!

We had Layton's 5th birthday party at a splash pad this year.  It was his first big party with friends.  He talked and talked about this birthday for weeks beforehand.  He was beyond excited.

I made his invitations.  I found the bunting paper at Michaels and got the inspiration for the Life Savers off a picture of a cake I found on Pinterest.  Kris helped me get all the wording lined up the way I wanted it.  I thought they turned out cute and were cheap! (My kind of invitation)


I made his cake too.  It was a blue velvet cake to go along with our water theme.  I made cupcakes too but forgot to take a picture of them.


Luckily, we got to the Splash Pad early and were able to get a great table and get set up before his friends arrived.  The kids enjoyed a few minutes of goofing off with their uncles beforehand.





I made those splash bombs too out of sponges.  They were a hit with my kiddos especially.



The party favors were buckets with each of the kids' names on them, bubbles, and a water gun.



Sweet girl.


When Layton's friend Lorelei got there she chased him around trying to dump water on him.  It was so cute!




Layton and Harper


Katelynn


Kris dumping water on Lucy.  She wanted him to.


Jack got Eden in the face!


Layton and his little friend, Michael, from school.  He was so glad that Michael came and they were pretty much inseparable after he got there.  


We ordered pizza for lunch.




Gotta love the photo bomber.


Ruby and Madelyn from school.


Katelynn, Hannah, Kenzie, and Karly.


Brett and Lorelei.


Christopher.


Lincoln and Jack.


We had a great turnout and were so thankful for all the friends that made it so special!





I can't believe Layton is five.  He turned into a big boy overnight it seems.  He acts so big and wants to do everything that the big kids do.  He is still such a sweetie and gives the best hugs and kisses.  He likes to play with my hair and I just love that.  Ha!  He can be a stinker at times and is throwing more fits lately when he gets told no.  He loves shoes for some reason and changes shoes over and over in a day.  He loves cars, trucks, monster trucks, and tractors.  Always has.  He loves to go outside.  He is getting more picky about what he wears and wants his hair spiked up in the front.  All signs of him wanting his independence.  Hard for this momma sometimes.  He asks lots of questions and just wants to know everything.  He is definitely all boy, full of energy, mischievous, and loud.  But his smile melts me.  He is such a cutie.



















Love his face on this one!


Tractors!!!



This is me reading him the card from us.  I found myself almost losing it as I read him what I wrote.  I got emotional thinking about how big he is getting and what a blessing he is.



New Razor scooter so he can be like his big sister and brother.




So glad we got to celebrate with all my family.


Happy 5th Birthday my Layton!  I love you so much!!!



No comments: