Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Out with the old, In with the new

In the middle of March, we said good-bye to our first mini van after almost 12 years.  We bought this van in August 2004 which was about 2 months before Hannah was due.  We have put lots of miles on it, brought home 3 babies from the hospital in it, and made lots of memories in it.  The Sunday before we knew we were going to go buy the new one, Kris made a comment that it was the last time we would drive home from church in this van.  Well, the next thing I know, I am crying my eyes out.  Hormones I suppose, but it just hit me in that moment how much we have done in that van.  I got a little sad.


BUT, I do love our new van.  It is a 2016 Honda Odyssey.  We got the DVD player this time and leather seats so that was exciting since we didn't have them before.  The crazy thing is that we got it about 2 months before our 4th baby is due.  NEVER thought I would say that.

So, I am looking forward to all the new memories we will make in this van with our family of SIX!!!




No comments: