Saturday, November 12, 2016

Ledger at 6 months


I can't believe our little guy has been with us now for 6 months!!  I don't think he could get any sweeter.  There are lots of things I want to remember at this age!

Ledger weighs 21 lbs 2 ozs and is 28 inches long.  He is in the 90th percentile for both weight and height.  His BMI was 18.8 which was the 88th percentile.  Dr. Byrum said that 85th percentile was considered overweight, but he was not concerned and told me not to worry about it or do anything different.  He will slim up when he gets mobile.  His head circumference was 17.75 inches.  He got several shots at this check-up including his first flu shot.  

At this check-up the doctor told me that they are now recommending that we give babies peanuts beginning at 6 months of age.  This was crazy to me, but apparently other countries do it and have a much lower allergy to peanuts rate.  Dr. Byrum said to give him these peanut snacks called Bamba or put some peanut flour in applesauce.  This is a little scary to me I have to say, but I guess we will do it.

This month Ledger went up to a size 4 diaper and is still wearing 6-9 months or 12 months clothes (depends on the brand).  

He still loves Bible Class and bath time.  He gets upset when the duck floats away from him and he can't reach it.  He loves to be sung to and read to.

Ledger is waking up some at night and I am having to put his pacy back in several times.  I have occasionally had to feed him to get him to go back to sleep.  So, I have wondered if he has been going through a little growth spurt.  He is typically napping 3 times a day and is pretty easy to put down.  I occasionally have to rock or hold him until he falls to sleep, but if I catch him at just the right time (typically about 2 hours after his feeding), he falls asleep really easily.  Some days I enjoy just holding him while he sleeps too.  He takes a morning nap, an afternoon nap, and then a short late afternoon/early evening nap.  He goes to bed around 9:00.  He is nursing every 3 1/2 to 4 hours still during the day, but I am trying to push him to 4 more often.  He nurses about 5 times a day.  It takes him about 25 minutes to nurse.

He seems to be enjoying his baby food.  He has tried carrots, green beans, squash, peas, sweet potatoes, and real banana.  He has liked everything, but peas are a bit iffy.  He tried puffs, but gagged on them.  I guess he isn't quite ready for them yet.

He is sitting up well and grabs for toys a lot now.  He reaches for things that he sees that he wants (like my phone or the remote) when he is sitting in my lap.  He also grabs his feet when laying on his back.  This is so cute!  He still has not rolled over!  He lights up when he sees the kids.  He goes to people easily, but I am wondering if he is starting to notice that they aren't me more.  So far he hasn't had any issues with being left in Bible Class or at the Ladies Bible Class childcare.

Everyone comments on how happy and smiley he is and how big he is.  His red hair is getting more attention as well.  He just makes me so very happy.  I love spending my days with him!!!





Here are some of his 6 months pictures!  His red hair really shows!










No comments: