Friday, October 20, 2017

Ledger at 17 months

My Ledger Bedger is 17 months old.  He is so much fun!!  I think I have been saying this for a while now, but he still is.  He is pretty pleasant and oh so cute.  I am eating up this stage big time.

His vocabulary is pretty big.  When he toots, he laughs and says "put put."  He says "thank you" a lot when he gives you something like a book or his drink or when you give him something.  He also says "love you" at night when he gives night-night hugs and kisses.  On September 18th, Ledger came up to me and hugged my leg and said "love you."  It was the sweetest thing ever!!  This was the first time that he said it without being prompted.  He is definitely a loving little boy.  He says "up" when he wants up.  The other day he saw a Nike swoosh and thought it was a moon and said "mun."  He loves the moon.  He always looks for it and points to it in the sky when he can.  He wants to read constantly and looks for books that have moons in them.  He refers to his pacy as his "pass."  Ledger says "bababall" for basketball.  It is so cute.  He tries to say football and baseball too.  He asks where Daddy and Bubba is by saying "Daddy?" or "Bubba" and throwing up his hand.  He calls both Lincoln and Layton Bubba.  There is no distinction yet.  We need to work on names I guess.  He still calls drinks "ba" but has said "milk" on occasion.  He calls socks "slocks."  I love it when he says this.  It is so stinkin cute.  He knows sign language for "more" and "please" and will use the "more" one first when we ask him to say "please" and then the one for please.  Other words he is saying are "eat", "snack", "bop" (block), "the end" at the end of a story, "night-night", "doo" (book), "eyes", "nose", "mama", and "Mimi".  One night I was giving him a bath and I told him I would be "right back" and ran to get my phone.  When I got back, he said, "right back."  He is just talking up a storm.

He makes the cutest elephant sign by sticking out his arm and saying "arrr."  He knows the sounds for dog, snake, chicken, sheep, cow, rooster, elephant, duck, owl, monkey, horse, and pig.  Ledger can point to his nose, eyes, hair, tongue, teeth, and knows where his hands, feet, fingers, and toes are.

He is definitely teething right now.  He is getting some bottom teeth.  His gums are swollen.  So, he tends to want/need his pacy more to sooth those gums.  

Ledger is sleeping great right now.  Typical bedtime is between 7:30 and 8:00.  I kind of wish it could be earlier and maybe should work on that, but with everyone else it just works at this time right now.  I start his, then do Layton at 8:30, Lincoln at 8:45, and Hannah at 9:00.

He still just loves his books.  I LOVE this so much.  The bookshelves in his room stay a mess, the floor is usually covered in books, and my house has books on the floor everywhere.  I just pick up at night and we do it all over again the next day.  He also loves to sing songs.  When I start singing "If You're Happy and You Know It," he starts clapping.  He loves Bible class still and going into the nursery during church.  He usually runs in and starts playing.  He has no trouble being left at church, at my bible class, or my exercise class.

He still does not like diaper changes, but loves baths.  He loves to get into the kitchen cabinets and pull everything he can out.

He is running now which is adorable.

Ledger loves Dash, but is scared to death for him to get too close.

This is just some of the things I want to remember about this darling boy at this age.  He just makes me smile.



No comments: