Thursday, September 6, 2007

Trip to St. Louis

Last Thursday we took a trip to St. Louis to visit Kris' brother, Les, and his family--Carol, Logan, and Lindsey. We left at 6:30 a.m. Thursday morning to drive to Trumann, AR where Kris had to do an installation for work. Jonesboro is only about 15 minutes from there, so I headed there with the kids to try to kill the day while Kris worked. My plan was to take them to a movie. However, the movie theater didn't open until 3:30 p.m. So, I decided to check out the nice new Target they had which was connected to their new mall. There was a Chuck E Cheese right next to the mall, so I decided to take them there for lunch. We ordered our pizza and got 40 tokens to play with. Hannah was fascinated by Chuck E Cheese, but she did not want to take her picture with him! She would dance while he sang. I put Lincoln in a high chair that I could push around so he could go with us while Hannah played. After a while, he got fussy, so I held him. My arm was about to fall off! That boy is HEAVY!!! Anyway, we stayed there for a couple hours. Then, Hannah took about a 30 minute nap while I fed Lincoln in the car.



Hannah dancing to the music.



We spent the rest of the afternoon (till about 5:00 p.m.) at the mall. I don't have a double stroller, so I'd either have Hannah in the stroller and be holding Lincoln or have Lincoln in the stroller and be holding Hannah (if she wasn't walking). Any of you soon-to-be moms of 2 out there, I highly recommend a double stroller! I was worn out by the end of the day. I couldn't have asked for better kids though. They were little angels! We had a blast together!

We got to Les and Carol's house around 10:30 p.m. that night. I can't even remember what time we went to bed. All I know is that the next day, Hannah put herself down for a nap at 10:30 in the morning. She was so tired. She was so excited to see Logan and Lindsey. She LOVES them! They are so great to play with her and were EXTREMELY helpful with taking care of her and Lincoln while we were there.

Kris' parents came up on Friday. It was good to see them. On Saturday, everyone except Carol, Lindsey, Lincoln, and I went to the Transportation Museum. The four of us went and did a little shopping. Fun stuff!


I think Hannah wished she was shopping!

Sunday after church, Kris' other brother, Kurt, came up from Kansas City with his wife, Alexis, and daughter, Isabel. Isabel is about to be 2, so she and Hannah can kind of play together. Isabel is a ball of energy. She is fun to watch.

Monday we all got up early to try to go to the St. Louis Zoo. It is free and a really good zoo. I'd highly recommend it. Hannah was so tired and EXTREMELY cranky, so after being there for an hour, we left. We needed to be back that evening by 5:30 anyway, but I was very disappointed that she wasn't able to enjoy it more.

Anyway, it was a very fun trip. Thank you to Les and Carol for putting up with us for so long and feeding us so many GREAT meals! We had a blast!

Here are some more pictures from the weekend.



Lincoln LOVES to play with his big sister!



Grandma tried and tried to get Linc to go to sleep. He loves to grab your face.


Les and Kris


Granddad riding a bike???


Lindsey, Lincoln, and Carol



Hannah & Logan

Just horsin' around.

Hannah & Isabel (a.k.a "Ibazel")


1 comment:

Little Rock Real Estate said...

You seriously have the cutest kids ever!