Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lots of things going on!

It's been a while for me! I usually try to update my blog every couple of days, but things have been so busy in the Keim household the last couple of weeks! Here's a little bit about what's been going on:
1.) We had a Cinco de Mayo party. Hannah enjoyed her margarita.
2.) The kids have been sick, Hannah with an ear infection that won't go away and Lincoln with a fever virus. Not fun.

3.) Hannah decided she wanted to run a daycare out of our house. Here's a picture of her kids napping.

4.) The biggest news of the last couple of weeks: WE'RE MOVING! We decided to put our house up for sale on May 4th. We accepted an offer on it on the 14th. We were so fortunate that it sold quickly and pretty easily. We made an offer on a house in Bryant on the 15th and found out that they accepted our offer on the 17th! We are so excited! We are moving to a house that will have SO much more room, is in a great school district, and is really close to some of our closest friends. God has truly blessed us recently and we are SO greatful!

Now we are in packing mode. Our house is filled with boxes. I wish we were moving this weekend, but we still have a couple of weeks to go. On a side note, I'm not sure what Hannah thinks about us moving. She's been in the new house several times and when we talk about the new house, she calls it "Shelly's house." Shelly has helped us out alot purchasing this house! Thanks so much Shelly! Now we have to convince Hannah that it is OUR house and not Shelly's! I guess she'll figure it out soon enough!

5.) We had a blast at the Wilsons for a playdate/mommy lunch on the 19th. We had some delicious salads and desserts and got to enjoy some great fellowship. We were having so much fun, we didn't stop to take any pictures. :(

6.) Lincoln turned 16 months! A few things going on with him:

**Nothing too new -- He's into EVERYTHING! He especially loves to climb up onto the stool in front of his bathroom sink, grab his toothbrush, and start brushing his teeth.

**He is climbing a lot more! He can climb into the bathtubs now. This is one of his favorite places to play. Here he is climbing on boxes today. He used the vacuum cleaner to help get him up there!



**He got is bottom right eye tooth--just one more to go! He had a hard time getting this one too. He ran a fever while he was cutting it, but the doctor said he probably just had a virus. I still wonder if it wasn't just that he was getting that tooth!

**His hair is getting blonder and blonder it seems. We are laying it down more instead of spiking it up. He is really looking like a little boy more now.

**A couple more words he is saying are bubble, flower, water, Pappaw, MiMi, Jeff, Jack (his buddy Jack Vick), and cheese (when you're taking his picture). He can tell you what the horse, sheep, cow, snake, dog, bee, lion, and chicken say.

**He still loves to look at books. He'll come running up to me with one and point and show me a picture, usually of an animal. He gets really excited.

**Lincoln loves for me to sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider." When he wants to sing it, he'll put his fingers together like he's trying to make the spider and look up at me and start jabbering something. I'm trying to get him to say spider, but he knows I know what he wants so he just says, "ugh ugh" really expectantly. He can do most of the motions to this song as well as "If You're Happy and You Know It," The Wise Man," and "God Made the Big Round Sun." I love that he likes to sing.

**He is your typical boy. He loves to go outside. He'll run to get his shoes on and then run to the door. If he sees the bubbles, he gets excited and says "Bubba Bubba." When he's hot and tired and needs a drink, he comes to me and screams "WaWa" for water. He knows exactly what he wants.

**He is hard to handle in church. We should probably take him to the nursery more than we do. He won't sit still and can get loud. Even food doesn't help sometimes.

Lincoln is so precious. I love watching him try and do new things. He brings so much joy to my life!

7.) Back to what's been going on lately...Last night we went over to the Vicks for ice cream. It was yummy and the kids were so cute.

It was hot, but these little guys were loving it!


8.) To end the month with a bang, we're having a garage sale on Friday and Saturday.
It's been a jam-packed month. June is looking like it is going to be busy, busy too!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamie,

Hey, I stumbled upon your blog and couldn't resist saying "hi." How are you!? Man, it's been a looong time! I was just talking to Glen recently about you and the rest of our group. It's sad, but I haven't kept up with anybody, and I've been regretting that lately. I've found some people through facebook and reconnected somewhat.

You have a beautiful family (in spite of Kris)! So you're moving to Bryant, huh? My wife's dad was the preacher at the church in Bryant before they went to Russia to be missionaries for a while. Now they're in Dallas. You remember Courtney, right?

Email me at steedly@hotmail and I'll fill you in on me and my fam (if you're interested) :)

Say hi to Kris... he should remember me.

-Adrian

Terri Dodd said...

Contgrats on the new house. I hope the move goes smooth and I can't wait to see it. Who knows when I will be back in LR. If you need a beach vacation, give us a call, you are always welcome here. Your children are so cute and growing up fast.