Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Booger is 18 months!

We call Lincoln by several names--Linc, Bubby, Bubba, Bud, Sugar, Stinker, Dink (his daddy), and Booger (Me). He just has this HUGE personality these days! He is such a happy little boy! He loves to smile and laugh and still does "the cheese" upon request. He loves to scream and squeal with laughter, especially at the dinner table. He is CONSTANTLY into something--ask anyone who has been around us lately. It is one thing after the next. He falls down all the time. Today he had two really hard falls on his head--one off a slide in the doctor's office and one here at home off the recliner. He cries for a minute and then is off again! If I take my eyes off of him for a minute, he is into something. You get the picture. He is a MESS and so much fun!!!

He went to the doctor today for his 18 month check-up. He was 27 1/2 lbs (70%) and 32 1/2 inches tall (50%). We filled out an autism survey that they have started giving at the 18 month visit. There were 23 questions and he got 23 out of 23 so that was good. He got the MMR shot today and so far I haven't seen any effects from it like fever or anything. I'm hoping it stays that way. I was dreading that shot and had asked to wait until this visit to get it. They now have a policy at our clinic that they don't give it until the 18 month visit--it used to be 15 months. This came about due to parental concerns over the vaccine. Interesting, huh? Anyway, I'm glad they are doing this.

The BIG news of this visit was that Dr. Byrum told me that I need to get Lincoln off the pacy! "NOOOOOOOO" was my reaction! Apparently his teeth have already been affected by it. When he bites down, there is a big gap between his top and bottom front teeth. He said this was not good. It is not the way it's supposed to be. SO, I guess I'm going to take it away. :( I am definitely NOT happy about this! He suggested going cold turkey. He said that Lincoln was old enough to understand (which I'm not too sure I agree with, we shall see) and that I need to take the pacies and tell him that he is a big boy now and that he doesn't need them anymore. Then, I'm supposed to let him see me throw them in the trash. I'm thinking, "Easier said then done!" I'm going to be cleaning up trash from the floor for days cause he'll be looking for them! I think I'm going to try this tomorrow and see what happens. I'm so sad for Lincoln cause he loves his pacy. Hannah didn't get rid of hers till she was over three.

Lincoln is trying to say more words these days. Some new ones he is saying are bird, "paaaee" for pacy, Bible, boo boo, wipe, ketchup (he loves ketchup), and "whoa" when he almost falls down. He tries to say his name, points to each person in our family and says their name, and has started calling Kris "Daddy" instead of "Dada". When he sees someone else with a toy he wants he goes over and says, "Nooooo" and takes it. We are working on this--bare with us. He tries to sing. I'll say, "Lincoln can you sing?" and he'll go "Da daaaa daaaa" in a singing voice. So cute!

A few other things he loves right now are the sprinkler, giving me kisses, dogs (looks for them everywhere), and trying to jump off things. He loves to run to the door when his daddy gets home. He screams "Daddy, Daddy". Precious!

Can you tell I love this little booger!

Giving sister love!

3 comments:

kristen g. said...

He is so adorable! Kate got her MMR today too, I put it off until she was 19 months.
Good luck with the paci farewells. :) It is always either one way or the other, I hope it's easy for you guys!

MartiMichelle said...

IF he's old enough to understand you can do what we did . .. We put all the pacys in a ziplock bag and took them to Tanya at the hospital and had her give them to the sick babies to help them get well. Then we praised and praised him for helping the sick babies and kept telling how big he was and that big boys didn't need pacys. He cried off and on 1/2 back from texark but now if you ask him he says "I big kid. pacys for sick babies at hospital." So if your going down to t-town tanya will take them for you "to help the sick babies" :)

Unknown said...

I'll be thinking about you as Lincoln gives up his pacis. That's always a tough one!