Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer time FUN!

I have really been enjoying my summer with the kids! We have been outside a lot more this year I think. Lincoln is older and can do more and we actually have a back yard that I don't have to worry about someone getting hurt on the deck or stairs because we don't have a deck anymore!

I've been trying to get back into the exercise groove so we've been walking 2-3 times a week, usually. Sometimes we go by ourselves, but this morning we went with friends, Jack and Benson and their mommies. I have a double stroller and so I think I get a pretty good workout pushing them and walking. We live really close to a GREAT park now, so I am trying to take advantage of it. It has a great toddler area as well as a section for older kids. Hannah and Lincoln both seem to really enjoy it.

We had friends Madeleine and Harrison over last week to play. We went to the park, came back and ate lunch, and then played in the water in the back yard. The kids had a blast.

THE BOYS

THE GIRLS

Shouldn't the boys be the ones playing in the dirt? :)


Best friends! I love how they are holding hands!

CHEESE!!


Back at the pool, the kids loved sliding into the water!

The other day I got out the sprinkler for the first time in the front yard. Hannah just squealed with excitement. Lincoln wasn't so sure at first...

"I'm getting outta here!"

"Come on Lincoln. It's really fun!"

"Nope!"

"Soooo, maybe I'll try it out."

"Okay, this IS fun!!!"

They just loved it!


Fun, fun times!! I've also been trying to take the kids to the library once a week and to storytime. I haven't braved letting Lincoln out of the stroller yet, but he did okay in it. He stayed pretty quiet during the stories. They did a craft and went on a bug hunt through the library. Pretty cool stuff!

We just try to keep busy most days doing something fun! I am soaking in these moments as much as possible cause my little sweethearts are growing up so fast!

No comments: