Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Hannah and her hair bows!

Every once in a while I get an itch to do a craft. I have discovered that I really enjoy them--especially if it involves painting something. So, I got the idea that I would make Hannah a hair bow holder for all those many many hair bows we have accumulated over the years! Hannah was blessed with a lot of hair when she was born and I have had SO much fun putting bows in it over the last nearly four years!

First off, here are a couple pictures of the hair bow holder I made her and hung in the bathroom. I chose colors that went with the frog theme that we have going on in there.




I couldn't help but post some pictures of Hannah "growing up" with her bows!


2 weeks old - so tiny!
6 weeks


3 months


4 1/2 months




5 months

7 months - long enough to pull up!

12 months - really starting to grow!

14 months - How many times have we lost one of these things???

15 1/2 months - We tried the rollers....

they didn't work too well!!!!

17 months

18 months - The size of the bows really changed!

22 months - Doggy Ears (my favorite)

23 months - Pony tails!!!

2 years - Ribbons count as bows, don't they?

Almost 2 1/2 years - Her hair was really getting long!

3 years

3 1/2 years

2 days ago - This is Hannah's choice of what to put in her hair these days. Mommy still loves the bows though!! (Doesn't she look so BIG in this picture??)

5 comments:

kristen g. said...

She is such a beautiful little girl! The roller pictures got me really laughing. :)
You know I love me some hairbows! We have had to expand the holders w/ 2 extra ribbons. I need to count them up...I think there are probably well over 100 now. It's slightly ridiculous!!

Terri Dodd said...

Can I order one of those? I can't believe how big Hannah is now. I am about to learn how to make bows. A little late for Taylor, but Jordan has a few years left.

Take care

Jill said...

we have a 3rd grade rule in our house. When Claire gets in the 3rd grade she doesn't have to wear a bow every day. It is so hard to wrap my mind around the thought of her not wearing a bow. I am going to enjoy this year!

The Warriors said...

I really thought I was aware of just how bald Lydia still is, but the 12 month picture of Hannah brought it into a new perspective! I have always loved seeing Hannah's hair and cute bows! If Lydia ever grows hair of her own, we will come see you guys for some pointers!!

Kelly B. said...

What a sweet post! Hannah is a doll! I love how you always have her in the cutest bows and her hair always looks so nice. Great job on the bow holder!!