Monday, September 15, 2008

Oh to be a kid again!!!

Saturday afternoon our Sunday morning Bible Class had a party at Murray Park, down by the river. We weren't really sure how everything was going to turn out because rain was expected due to Ike coming through. The rain stayed away for a while. The kids enjoyed running around, watching their daddies toss the football, and playing on the playground and in the dirt.


Kris and Linc playing catch.



Ethan and Linc

Emma and Hannah--These girls LOVE to play together!



Eric and my little climber
(Side story: Speaking of climbing, the other day I went to pick Lincoln up from the nursery after MUGG. The first thing that one of the workers said to me was "Do you just have to watch him constantly when you are at home?" I said, "YESSSSSS! What did he do???" She said, "Oh nothing really. He just wanted to climb on everything!" I just laughed! They really earn their pay when Linc is there!



Lexi, Hannah, and Emma



Here's Lincoln trying to make me think he's all sweet posing next to the flowers....




Two seconds later, here he is climbing again. He'll say, "Momma Momma!" to get my attention so that I can see where he is. Stinker!!!





I love that my kids have so many little friends to play with! We really have been blessed that both my kids have so many friends from church their same ages! Here are Hannah and some of her friends.



This little friend of Hannah's, Sean, bless his heart, was fast asleep through most of the party! He must have really been tired!



So, the rain finally came. We all kept the kids out of it for a little while (not very long actually). Kenzie and Benson started playing in it. It really did look fun!!! I didn't want my kids to miss out, so I was like, "Have at it!" I actually thought ahead and brought extra clothes. This is Hannah just starting to get wet.




Benson was so cute. He really enjoyed himself!



Another one of Lincoln's friends, Jackson, with his daddy.





Okay, so here is Lincoln watching Hannah and the other kids out in the rain. He had been eating and so he was just now noticing what was going on. Can't you just see those little wheels turning in that sweet little head??? He was ready to go!!!!





Hannah, dripping wet and loving it!



Love this picture!

Lincoln is in LOVE with "babboons". He goes after them anytime he sees them. Nathan was nice enough to get them down for him.


He didn't let them go after that.



The picture doesn't really show it, but Benson was SO wet! It looked like he had earrings on because there was water dripping off his ears!
Had to show the dirty little feet! He'd run to every puddle and stomp in them to see the mud fly up!

Ethan and Ella. I think Lincoln learned the mud puddle thing from watching Ethan! Ethan is so much fun to watch! He is such a BOY! At one point, he was on his hands and knees with his hands in the mud swishing it all around. Love it!

What a party!!!!! So, how did we get the kids clean enough to get in the car, you might ask? Well I took them over to the water fountain, stripped them down, splashed water all over them, and put on clean diapers (Yes, I put a diaper on Hannah too because I forgot some clean underwear. She thought it was so funny to wear a diaper again.). They rode home in their carseats with just diapers on.

Look at that face!!! Oh to be a kid again!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These are GREAT pictures (especially the last one).