Monday, September 22, 2008

Lincoln is 20 months!

Lincoln is getting so big! Two is right around the corner and it is SO hard to believe!

He has been talking it up lately. I have seen a lot of progress in his talking this month. Granted his speech is still not extremely clear, but he is actually saying alot of stuff now. Some of the words he is saying that I can think of right now are spoon, peach, knife, cheese, bean, diaper, pen, hat, all gone ("dol don"), and more ketchup. My absolute favorite thing he says is "Where's Hannah" or "Where's Dada" or "Where's Momma" or "Where's Jack". It comes out like this, "Da Nannah???" and "Da Dada???" He asks about Hannah alot especially when he wakes up in the morning or from a nap. I love this.

He and Hannah have been playing better together lately. Oh, they still have their moments where they hit and yell at each other, but they definitely have fun together too. The other day they were pushing each other around the hardwood floors on Lincoln's little fire engine push toy. They took turns pushing each other. They just laughed and laughed. They also like to wrestle. They were having a good time here!


We took the kids to Chuck E Cheese a couple of weeks ago. They both had so much fun. Everytime Linc sees a Chuck E Cheese sign he says, "Momma!!!! Cheese, cheese!!!" He got a little baseball glove and ball from there that has Chucke on it and he calls it "Cheese" everytime he finds it. He also really notices McDonalds when we drive by one. He gets really excited and tries to say McDonalds. Guess we go there alot! :)

Lincoln is saying "No" alot! It is one of HIS favorite words. I, however, can't stand it! He actually had to sit in time out for the first time the other day. I think he had hit Hannah. I had told him already not to do it. I told him if he did it again, he'd get into trouble. He did, so I told him he was in trouble and had to sit on the mat by the front door. He kept getting off and saying no, so he had to get a couple of spankings to help him get the point that he was supposed to stay on it until Momma said he could get off. I made him stay there for about a minute or so. Then, I got his attention really good and told him why he was in trouble and that he had better not hit Hannah anymore. I guess it worked pretty well, cause now if I threaten time out, he pretty much minds me. We'll see how long this lasts! :)
This picture was taken at John Henry's birthday party at the Jump Zone the other day. Lincoln liked jumping on all the big jumping things, but his favorite part was the water fountain. There was a stool there and he just couldn't resist. Everytime I turned around he was over there "getting a drink." He was pretty funny to watch. Everytime he'd push the bar in and make the water come out, he'd bend over and put his face in to get a drink and the water would go back down because he'd let go of the bar. He did this over and over. I noticed several people watching him and getting a big laugh in. What a cutie!
Lincoln has gotten a little shoe fettish lately. Ha! He is constantly bringing me shoes to put on him! He also wants to put on Hannah's flip flops, my flip flops, and any of Daddy's shoes he can find.
He has been a little interested in sitting on the potty lately. Sometimes he'll ask to go potty. So, I would put him up on the toilet. He'll just laugh and sit there a minute. He'll grunt, but nothing has come out yet. I decided to get the Pooh potty out that we had for Hannah to see if he'd really sit on it. He didn't seem to care for it too much. Oh well.

We went to the doctor this month about his eczsema. It was really keeping him up at night--and mommy too. So, Dr. Byrum gave us a steroid cream to put on and some hydrocortizone cream. It seems to really be helping. He also said it might not be a bad idea to take him to an allergy doctor to figure out what might be causing the problem. So, I need to do that pretty soon.

Lincoln is still so much fun. I look forward to every new day with him to see what he is going to say or do next!

1 comment:

Matt and Rachel said...

This reminds me SO MUCH of Harrison -- shoes, waterfountains and all! Sounds like he's keeping you pretty busy, too! :) Miss you all!!