Monday, February 9, 2009

Keep Out!

I mentioned in my last post about Linc that he can now open doors on his own. Well, the time has come to put a stop to it!

In the last week these are some of the things I've caught him in:

In our bedroom - Kris' computer desk (which is behind closed cabinet doors in our room), my purse (for gum), my make-up (put some eye shadow on himself), my feminine products in the bathroom (opened one up), the toilet brush (no telling what he would have done with it if I hadn't caught him in the act--probably had a sword fight or painted the walls with it).

In our office - He lost one of the 2 drumsticks to our Wii Rock Band (We turned the house upside down looking for it. I've about decided he must have thrown it away.) He's played on the computer (I noticed things on the desk in disarray and my password on my email had like 40 letters typed in it.). He's gotten into markers and lost some lids.

In Hannah's room - He continually gets up on a stool to reach her jewelry box where he continually takes her nice baby bracelet and baby ring (keepsakes from her great-grandmother Mama Cille and her Grandma) and plays with them. He can always find some lip gloss to get into, princess shoes to drag out (all 12 pairs), cash register that has a million little pieces to scatter around, or money out of a piggy bank to play with. Oh, and he loves to jump on her bed. (I'm so afraid he'll fall and get hurt.)

I could go on and on with all the things he keeps getting into. Where am I during all this, you might ask? Just cooking or cleaning or on the phone or doing laundry--you know the things that a mom HAS to do everyday at some point. It is SO hard to get anything done around here because I'll think to myself, "Oh, I haven't heard Lincoln for ONE minute. I'd better go see what he's getting into." Sure enough, he's into one of the things I've mentioned above. Or maybe he's in the living room pounding on the glass fireplace doors with something or jumping on the couch or pulling out the photo albums and ripping out pages.

SO, I finally wised up and Lincoln-proofed the office and our bedroom with those child-proof door knobs. Hopefully, this will keep him out (at least until he learns how to open the door again!)!!!

This boy is wearing me out--literally. I've been so exhausted at the end of the day. I'll tell you what though, he has been giving me more kisses (on the mouth kisses) and hugs this week than I can count. Oh how I love his sweet hugs and kisses! God, thank you for giving me such a fun, energetic, curious, loving little boy!

Here are just a couple of pictures of him the other day. He went in Hannah's room and found this little doll dress and came back in the room with it on like this. If you look close on the second picture, you can kind of see the make-up he put on himself that night as well.

No comments: