Tuesday, February 17, 2009

There's no place like home...

Hannah and Lincoln, this is the home I grew up in. I lived here until I went off to college--about 20 years! It was a WONDERFUL place to live!


This was the backyard! It used to hold many emus (big birds kind of like ostriches), believe it or not! Your Pappaw used to raise them! Before that, me and your uncles and our friends used to ride our scooter and 4 wheeler back here, swing on the swing set, play in the sand box, play with the many dogs/cats we had growing up, play "The Dukes of Hazard", ride our bikes, play basketball and baseball, and many other fun things! I will never forget those times! How fun it was to be a kid! We lived in a wonderful neighborhood and had great neighborhood playmates! We rode our bikes and scooter all over that neighborhood without a care in the world! Those were the days!

On the weekends, we'd always go down to my Papaw and Mamaws' house in Cass, Texas (my dad's parents). It was about a 30 minute drive from our house. They lived on a farm and raised cows. They always had gardens. There were always cousins to play with. My cousins, brothers, and I had so much fun playing in the barn, playing hide-n-seek, feeding the cows, and getting into whatever we could find! I have so many memories from those days!

Fast forward some 10+ years after I left home. My parents owned about 20 acres of land not a mile from our house. Dad always wanted to build a house on it. Well, late last year, he finally did! He and my Mom built a brand new house on their farm. Here it is!



Dad has a couple of barns for all his hay and tractors! He is living his dream! He and my mom have cows and are planning a BIG garden this year! Dad and my brothers both just purchased 4 wheelers. There is plenty of room to ride!! I had SO much fun this weekend riding these things! The kids enjoyed it too!







Silly girl! She was just so happy this weekend! I could really tell she was having a blast just being outside!
Opening their Valentine from Uncle Wes!



A little Color Wonder from Mommy and Daddy!

Lincoln getting to work!

Hannah was serious about the coloring!

More 4 wheeler riding! This time with Pappaw!


Lincoln was a little scared of the cows. He didn't want to get too close! I am loving that my kiddos get to experience a little bit of what I did as a kid, going to my grandparents farm and soaking in everything about it--the cows...
the garden...

the tractors....

and getting to be with family! Here is Hannah helping Uncle Wes clean the swing so they can hang it on the front porch. She probably talked his ear off during this. I watched her. She was just chatting away and working really hard at cleaning the swing.

Hannah also helped her MiMi make Valentine cookies on Saturday!


The best part. Everyone is exhausted from the days activities! This was probably the only time Lincoln was still the entire weekend. Oh, he was a booger--getting into everything!

So, Hannah and Lincoln, my hope for you is that you can enjoy getting to experience your grandparents' farm just like I did growing up. I pray you make many wonderful memories there! I know for me looking back, there is just no place like home and the memories I have there!

1 comment:

Becky Lynch said...

What wodnerful memories for you family! It looks like you guys had a wonderful time with your paretns.