Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The COOLEST day ever!!!!

Friday we did something so cool!!!! We went to see Kris Allen from American Idol down at the River Market! I have to say I was kind of giddy! I am a big American Idol fan and while I actually like Danny Gokey as well I am definitely rooting for the hometown boy, Kris.


Carrie and Jack, Leanne and Eden, and Hannah and Lincoln and I all piled in my mini van along with 3 huge strollers and headed downtown. I can't believe we all fit! We had to stand Leanne's stroller up in front of Hannah and Lincoln in the back seat to get everything in! It was funny!


Carrie in front with me, Leanne and Eden in the middle with Jack on the other side of Leanne.



Hannah and Lincoln were in the back with the stroller.
We got there a good hour and a half early and had to sit and wait. The kids were pretty good. I kept giving Lincoln candy and he sat in his stroller the whole time! I couldn't believe it! There was no way I was going to let him get down cause he would have been all over the place!
I loved all the signs we saw. This one was hilarious! Last Tuesday night after Kris Allen performed, Simon Cowell said his performance was "like eating ice for lunch." So, when Kris actually got there, we all starting shouting, "We eat ice. We eat ice." Too funny! I hope they get that on the show this week!
Dixie and Kelly and her mom showed up. We had a crew with all our kiddos!


Hannah was so excited. I think she kept thinking that she was going to be seeing all the people on American Idol.


Her smile cracks me up here!



Me and Kelly.


Yay for Kris!






After the concert, we went to this park nearby. We knew it had these fountains and so we packed the kids' swimsuits. Hannah had a BLAST! I haven't seen that girl have so much fun!

I put this picture on here to show what Lincoln and Jack were doing. They didn't want to get in the water. Couldn't believe it.



Linc had his fun just by running around the fountains.




I am so excited about tonight's American Idol!



Here are a couple of the songs Kris Allen sang!


3 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm all for the hometown hero, but my husband rocks Ain't No Sunshine better than Kris A! Glad you had a brush with greatness--really wish I had seen David Cook when he was here.

MartiMichelle said...

where is this fountain place? my kids would love it!

Jamie said...

It is downtown by the River--overlooks the river. There is a playground too that is kind of different. I can't remember the name of the park. It is fun!