Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Hannah's 1st Soccer Practice

Hannah had her first soccer practice last night with Coach Kris. Yes, Kris was suckered into coaching. He would probably say that this is my fault, but I just don't know what he is talking about. :-) There are 6 kids on the team, but only 5 showed up last night. Three play at a time, so each kid is supposed to play for half the game. I think there are 4 ten minute quarters.

Unfortunately I never got to play soccer as a kid. They didn't have it at my school. So, I'm not a lot of help. Kris thinks it has been about 25 years since he has played. Here he is trying to teach the kids a bit about how to play.

After all the instruction, they just had at it.




I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Linc. He got to participate in most of the practice. I hope this will help him learn how to play. While practice was going on, Layton was learning how to blow bubbles! Ha!

We were so proud of Hannah. She was surprisingly aggressive. She went after that ball. Once she even fell on the ground and kind of got trampled on a bit, but got right back up and kept running! I love that girl!

She was adorable in her cleats and shin guards too!

Go Hannah! She is excited about her first game on Saturday!

1 comment:

kristen g. said...

Cute! I can't wait for kids sports. :)