Tuesday, October 5, 2010

90th Anniversary Weekend!

This past weekend we went to Texarkana to celebrate 2 big events--Hannah's 6th Birthday and my home church's 90th Anniversary! We didn't get to leave to go to Texarkana until after Hannah's soccer game on Saturday morning where she scored her first ever goal. Actually she scored twice! On one of them she actually dribbled the ball half way down the field and kicked it in the goal! She was quite excited, but didn't really know how to show her excitement. I was screaming "Yay Hannah" from the side lines and she was just grinning. It was so cool!

Anyway, we got home to my parents' house around 2:30 p.m. The first thing we did was have Hannah open her birthday presents from Mimi and Pappaw and Uncle Wes and Uncle Jeff. Here she is getting ready.

Hannah will be SIX on Friday!


She got some boots from Mimi and Pappaw.

And a Weaving Loom. She will have lots of fun doing this!

Uncle Wes and Uncle Jeff got her a new scooter with a helmet. Her uncles are so good to her!



Trying it out!



Shortly after opening presents, we headed to the church building. They were having games and food there that afternoon to celebrate their 90th Anniversary! The kids got their faces painted.




Layton's was supposed to be a caterpillar I think, but he wouldn't be still enough for it to really work. Ha!

They also made balloon animals and hats and had bounce houses and other games going on.







Kris was flaring his nostils at me--because I wanted to take his picture. So, dear, I thought I'd put it on here for every one to see! Ha!

That evening we ate hotdogs and listened to the Harding Concert Choir sing. Sunday morning they had a special service and then a fellowship meal afterwards. We got to spend a little time with my family which we enjoyed!


Love this picture of my cousin Amy with her little boy, Hayes. He is the spittin image of his momma! So cute!

It was a short weekend, but a good one. I just love my church back home. I have so many wonderful memories there. There are so many wonderful people that I saw growing up that made an impact on me. Something I've been thinking alot about lately is just how much these people have aged. It was kind of hard to see so many of them getting older. Makes me realize that I'M getting older! Oh well, just got to make the most of the time we have here and celebrate all the special moments!

No comments: