Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Easter Weekend

Easter weekend we went home to Texarkana. It was nice outside so the kids spent alot of time outdoors. They love to make mud pies.





This was on Friday. Lincoln was tuckered out!

Layton had been sick and was just starting to get some appetite back.

He also was starting to get more curious about things. He figured out how to open a drawer to my old dresser.

He was so proud of himself!

On Saturday afternoon, all my Mom's sisters, their kids, and their grandkids came out to my parent's house to hunt Easter eggs. Here are all the kids: Whitt, Jaxson, Tristen, Haydn, Anna-Blair, Hayes, Lincoln, Hannah, Addison, and Layton.





It was super windy out that day, so we quickly snapped a few shots of Layton. I didn't want him to be out in the wind for too long since he had been sick. I wish we would have had more time. I think these pictures of him with all the eggs were so cute.

Some of the kids played egg races.

Jaxson and Lincoln

The kids were so cute pushing each other on the porch swing.



I love Hannah's face in this one!

They hunted Easter eggs in the back yard.





Jeff hid some in his pockets. Haydn found them.



Mom made lots of goodies.

Hannah with all her eggs.

After everybody left, Hannah and Lincoln stayed outside for quite a while playing. I got to thinking that I had not seen or heard from them in a while, so I went out to check on them. This is where I found Lincoln--in the sandbox at the end of the driveway. They had turned on the water hose and brought water over to it and had made a huge mud puddle.

They decided to have a mud fight!

There was no stopping it, so I just let them have at it!

Oh, they had so much fun!!!









To clean them up a bit before heading inside, I had to spray them down with the water hose! More fun!!! They giggled and giggled!



Sunday morning the kids woke up to their Easter baskets filled by the Easter bunny.

Lincoln checking out his Scooby Doo movie.

Hannah found her Tangled movie.

Before church we had to take the annual Easter pictures. I love trying to get the kids coordinating outfits every year. This year it was even more fun because I got to match the boys. I just love their plaid shirts!





Twinkies!

The whole family!

Mimi and Pappaw with the kids.

Uncle Jeff with the kids.








Me with my babies!

After church we went to eat and then to the nursing home to visit my Mammaw. She was in good spirits. Hannah made her the sweetest card and gave it to her. I was so proud of her for being so thoughtful.




What a GREAT Easter weekend!!!

No comments: