Sunday, May 15, 2011

Hannah's Pet

One night at Life Group, the kids were all playing outside while we had our study. I guess Ethan found a roly poly and gave it to Hannah. Sarah got a jar for her and she was determined to make it her new pet. She was so excited about it. She was all about taking care of it and even put it on her night stand that night when she went to sleep. She called it Roly.

The next day before she went to school, she went to her room and wrote this:

It says, "1. Feed Roly green grass for lunnch and supper. 2. Pute the top on. The End" She handed it to me and said "Mom, this is what you need to do while I'm gone."

Unfortunately, Roly didn't last too long. I don't think it was because of my neglect and definitely not Hannah's. :-) He was just a roly poly after all. Hannah insisted on burying him outside in the back yard. She found the perfect place, she said, amid all the dirt that her Daddy had been digging up during his latest back yard project.


The moral of this story is I think it is time to get Hannah a REAL pet!!!

1 comment:

Kelly Bittle said...

That letter of instructions is HILARIOUS!!! I was cracking up! I thought she was making a list of reminders for her, so funny that she gave it to you!!