Monday, July 18, 2011

D is for...

We finished the letter D last week.  We haven't made it very far on our ABC's of Summer I know.  However, we are taking it slow and there is really no hurry.  I know we won't finish the whole alphabet over the summer, so we will probably just continue throughout the school year where we can.  I am having fun with it and I KNOW the kids have enjoyed it thus far.

One morning we made doughnuts--the biscuit kind.



 Hannah and Lincoln were ready to help dip the doughnuts in powdered sugar or cinnamon and sugar when they finished frying.


 They were yummy and fun!!
 One day we made daisies out of paper plates.  They were great decoration for our kitchen window!

They drew a picture of their Dad and wrote down things about him.


 Hannah wrote "You are the best builder, He is great, He takes care of me, He is a good friend, He grills good steaks, He is handsome, He loves me."
 Lincoln had me write for him that "He is a good friend, He is great at building things, He loves Layton, He is funny, He is the best, He takes care of me, He is good at fixing lights, He does stuff with me."
 They made Dotted D's.

A few other things we did were to count the doors in our house.  There were 91 doors--including cabinet doors and the like.  We traced the Letter D too to help learn how to write it.

Our scripture last week was "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you..."  Matthew 7:12  We really need to work on this one! :)

1 comment:

Allison said...

I need to do more constructive stuff with my kids! Maybe next summer. =) My mom used to make donuts w/powdered sugar and they were soooo good! We put powder sugar in a big zip lock and throw in a few donuts and shake it all up. They come out perfect. I think I might make some this weekend. Looks like y'all are haivng a fun summer! Your family is georgous!