Thursday, March 8, 2012

Lincoln's Lego Table

Lincoln just LOVES his Legos.  It has really fascinated me how a little boy who has so much energy and has trouble keeping still most of the time, can sit and read and follow the Lego instruction books with no problem at all.   I absolutely love it!!!!  So, I started thinking one day that he needed a Lego table where he could work on his Legos and store them all.  His collection seems to be getting bigger by the day.

I researched online some different tables.  They were pretty pricey.  I also saw lots of DIY table tutorials out there too.  I mentioned my idea to Kris and, of course, his wheels started spinning.  I figured he could just build one out of some 2x4's or something and then we could glue the Lego plates down.  He decided he wanted to go to a couple of places to look around.  He went to Harbor Freight Tools (one of his favorite places) and sent me a picture of this metal service cart.  It really wasn't what I had originally imagined, but I told him I trusted his judgment and knew that whatever he did it would be good.  It always is.

So, he got the cart, cut off part of the legs, and turned the top part over to make a flat surface.  It is perfect! We haven't glued the Lego plates on yet.  I am actually not sure I really want to glue them on because the table could be used for arts and crafts and lots of other things as well that way.  We will see.  I bought one folding chair at Walgreens to see how it worked out and plan on getting several more soon.

So, Lincoln sat down to work on a new set his Daddy got him.


Right now the table is in the playroom so Lincoln can play with it while Layton naps.  However, hopefully one day it will be in the boys' room once we remove the baby bed and/or train table.
So proud of himself!

Oh and the kids have come up with another great use for the table--a hospital bed or dentist's chair.  Since it has wheels, they can push it around.  I found them like this one day in the living room.


Hannah turned it into a place to do hair too!  


I bought some bins from Target to go underneath.  Hopefully this will keep some of these Legos picked up and give them a place to go when he's not playing with them.  The duplo blocks fit on the plates too, so even Layton can play!

Here he is today working away on a tractor.  Thanks Kris for such a great table!  We love our Lincoln!

No comments: