Monday, September 10, 2012

A few randoms as I try to catch up...again!

You would think that having just one kid at home now that I would have SO much time to keep caught up on this here blog, but for some reason, I don't!!!  Seriously, I have a list of things that I would like to do this year while the kids are in school such as work on baby books, get this blog printed in a book, clean out various places in my house (like certain drawers and cabinets), declutter the house, update pictures in my house, etc. They have been in school for a few weeks now, and I feel so overwhelmed.  I can't seem to get started.  I feel like I should be doing things with Layton.  I can't seem to stay caught up on laundry or cleaning the house--at all.  I am enjoying him, doing a lot of things with him.  However, I've got to figure out how to do that AND get some things done too!!  Many days I am so worn out during his nap time, I just take a nap.  

This week Ladies Bible class starts and I was finally able to take Layton to Toddler Time at the library for the first time today.  Maybe if I can get on some sort of schedule (Monday's Toddler Time, Tuesday's LBC, etc), I will feel better about things.  Who knows.  Maybe I should just go-with-the-flow!!!

I have a few random pictures I wanted to share.  The first ones are of Hannah when she finally got to change out her earrings for the first time.  I have to say, I was a little nervous about it.  I had a hard time when I was little with this, I remember.  She didn't though!  She was so excited!




She is such my little fashionista.  She loves all things girly.  She loves to dress up and look "cute."  Loves to do her own hair.  She is really growing up right before my eyes.  She talks so big sometimes and is so so helpful with Layton.  She just loves him.  She is doing great in school so far.  She is really good at spelling.  We don't have to work on her words much at all.  She is a pretty good reader too.  Her assistant principal helped with some testing a week or so ago and listened to her read.  She asked Hannah when she was done how she was able to read so well.  She told her that she read a lot of books this summer (which I thought was hilarious because I tried to get her to read more than she actually did.)  I know it made her feel good when her principal asked that.  She has also made some new friends (both boys and girls) already this year and comes home talking about all the "fortresses" they make out of pine needles at recess!  :-)

I found this idea on Pinterest and thought Hannah might like it and it would be a good way to reuse some jeans that were too short for her or the knees were too worn to resale.  So, I made a couple into shorts.  She loved them and I thought they turned out really cute.  This first pair had a little stain and so I patched it!



Next up---our latest trip to Kansas City over Labor Day weekend!

No comments: