Monday, May 12, 2014

All About April

Now that May is half way over, here is all about April.

One Saturday morning the kids made us breakfast in bed and then fixed themselves breakfast in their beds.  This was all fine and dandy until someone (we won't say who) spilled their red cranapple juice all over their bed.  So, I had to strip the sheets and clean up--but they really were sweet and I didn't get too upset. :)



Our good friend, Mike, turned 40 and Stacey threw him a party at Murray Park.  It was such a nice day and we had so much fun with our friends.





Birthday boy.  So thankful for his and Stacey's friendship and to be raising our kids with them.  By the way, it is definitely the year to turn 40 around here.  So many of our friends are turning 40 this year.  Kris will in June!  That is such a big number to me.  I never imagined myself 40 years old (I have a couple more years in my 30's myself).  It is really weird.


The awesome and delicious cake that Stacey made.


The kids all attacked Mike with silly string and had a blast!




We gave Mike some marbles in case he lost his.  Ha!


Such a fun evening!!!


At this last 9 weeks awards ceremony Hannah got three awards--All A's, Best Writer, and Best Citizenship.  Very very proud of her and her hard work at school!!






Lincoln's class celebrated the end of standardized tests one day with banana/strawberry cars.  I went to help with this.  I know they all worked hard, so it was great to reward them and have a little fun.



I always enjoy looking at the walls outside the kids' classes while I am up at the school.  This time I found this written by Lincoln about his spring break.  So cute and I love his drawings!



Just a random selfie with my little tag along!


One Saturday we went to Layton's friend, Brett's. birthday party at The Wonder Place.




Another awesome Stacey cake!


This is how Lincoln insisted his hair be one morning for school.


Of course, someone else had to be just like his bubba.


Big hair cut for me.  I really loved my long hair, but I was tired of blow drying it.  Hopefully it will be cooler for summer too!


This was one night at dinner.  Lincoln was eating corn on the cob.  All of a sudden we heard a clang sound on his plate.  He spit something out of his mouth.  It was his tooth!  It was so funny!  We all had a really good laugh about it!


Lincoln's creative mind is something that just melts my heart.  I LOVE to see him use his imagination.  Many times when he notices that we empty a box of something, he asks me if he can have it.  So, one day he had a good collection going and got busy.


These are his creations.  I don't exactly know what he made, but he does.  These are some of what he used:  a gum box, a cereal box, an egg carton, a candy box, granola bar boxes, some feathers, a paper towel roll, a toilet paper roll, part of a cardboard box, a lot of tape, and some scissors.  I can't wait to see what he becomes when he grows up!!  I just love him!


Layton and his girlfriend Lucy.  They are the cutest together.  When she left this day as we were closing the door, he told me that he was going to marry her.  Love it!



Another one of Lincoln's creations.  He has become quite obsessed with his rainbow loom.  He and Hannah both love to get on the computer and look up rainbow loom tutorials.  This one was some Minecraft figure.  They are obsessed with Minecraft too.


Layton with his first popsicle of the season!


Rainbow looming outside one beautiful Saturday morning.


Lincoln went to a birthday party of a little boy in his class.  He loves to swim so he joined the Barracuda swim team this year.  I look forward to seeing how he does!


I love our children's ministry at church.  One Sunday morning all the kids marched in singing "Send the Light".  They had spent time collecting money by doing odd jobs around the house or for others to earn money to donate so that they can send bibles over to many of our missionaries.


This was during a prayer.  I couldn't help but take Lincoln's picture.  He looked so sweet there with his head bowed.


Well, that sums up April.  The weeks just speed by.  Sometimes I wish I could freeze time and then others I can't wait to be done with this "stage".  But the bottom line is I love my kids and cherish the opportunity to watch them learn and grow every day.

1 comment:

Angela said...

cracks me up that you said the kids attacked Mike with silly string- I am right there with them complete with a can of silly string! It was a fun night!