Saturday, May 17, 2014

New Paint

I have loved our main living area wall colors for the past several years.  But I was ready for a change.  I really wanted to lighten and brighten things up!  Here are some before pictures of the kitchen, living room, dining area, and hallway.


I had already taken down my curtains and some pictures on the walls, especially in the hallway.



















Kris has a paint lady that they do business with at work that is so good to him.  She lets us buy Sherwin Williams paint with her discount, let us borrow a really nice texture machine, and even came over and gave us some advice.  One of the things she suggested was taking down the chair rail.  I had not really thought of doing this because I knew it would be a lot of work.  Kris wanted to so I agreed.  I am glad we did, but boy was it alot of work!!!


Kris and his little helper.  Layton loves to help his daddy work on things!


Here is Kris applying the texture to the walls.  Oh my goodness what a mess!


Our house was like this for weeks.  I HATE clutter and mess so this was super hard for me!!!  The dirt and dust were everywhere.  To get it all cleaned up off the floors afterwards I had to get on my hands and knees and scrubb every inch.  NOT FUN!!!


Finally, we started to see the light!  We actually got new light fixtures in the dining room and eat in area of the kitchen.  They needed to be updated badly.  They were the old gold style.  Kris liked this look, but I wasn't really sure.  However, he talked me into it and I have to say he was absolutely right.  I love how they look!!



We decided to move our china cabinet into the kitchen and take off the top part.  We will just store it for now.  We got rid of the kitchen table and are eating in the dining room now.  Doing this has really given us a ton more space.


It has taken a while, but I have finally slowly gotten my decor back up.  So, here are the after pictures.  I still have a lot more pictures and things to hang, especially in the hallway.  I do not like to hang pictures and getting Kris to do it is kind of hard.  But it will happen.



I actually made these curtains myself.  I found the idea on Pinterest and the fabric at Hobby Lobby.  It was kind of hard to match the chevron but I finally figured it out.


It is hard to tell but there is actually blue in them.  It looks green in the light though.


I had enough fabric left so I made a table runner and two couch pillows as well.


I wanted a picture collage on the big wall in the dining room.  I love how it turned out.







I got the hanger at Kirklands.  It is great for coats or back packs.  I took an old picture frame that I had from when Hannah was a baby and painted the frame orange and the glass with chalk board paint.  I am going to enjoy writing little sayings and notes on it for our family!!





I got the curtains at Target and the cute pillow at Gordmans (another store I love)!


I had a hard time with my mantle decor.  I finally settled on this.  I love the family picture and wanted it to be prominent.  The thing I like about this is that nothing is mounted to the wall, so I can change it up when I want to!


I haven't done anything with this wall yet.  I am thinking of getting another vinyl wall decal.


I will probably do another picture collage on the right side wall in the hall and I am not sure about the others yet.




I am loving how it all came out!!!  It feels fresher and lighter and cleaner which is just what I wanted.


No comments: