Monday, April 6, 2015

Lincoln's first time to read scripture at church

On Sunday, March 1, Lincoln and Kris did the scripture and prayer together that morning at church.  It was Lincoln's first time to do anything like that.  It was a special day--one I had to record.  :-)

He got to be up at the front and say a prayer with the "big guys" before church started.




The scripture he had to read was long and not easy.  He practiced, though, and did fantastic!!!  We really were proud of him.  It took a lot of courage in that little body to get up there in front of all those people.  It didn't seem to phase him one bit though.





Lincoln,

Your dad and I were so proud of you on this day.  Seeing you up there was so special.  My prayer for you, buddy, is that I will get to see you do this very thing many times over your life.  But not only do I hope to see you read the Bible at church, I pray you will be faithful to read it at home as well.  It is so very important.  I look forward to seeing you grow in the Lord, Lincoln, and to me, this was one step in that direction.

Love,
Mom


No comments: