Wednesday, November 28, 2018

House: Getting Ready for the Foundation

I guess I will change my posts from being called the Land to being called the House.  Yay!  We are finally getting started, and we are just thrilled.

November 10th:

The concrete guys came out and measured the house pad.


Kris and I watched from the Harding swing.



Fun to see it actually have a little shape for the first time even if it was just lines.


Starting to imagine it.


Since this thing was out there, Kris took advantage of it and used it to move a little dirt around to level some spots out in the back of the property.





November 13th:

Three days later the guys were back to start working on getting the footers ready to pour.  I don't understand all this stuff, but I know this is something that has to be done before the concrete foundation can be poured.




This is the spot for the tornado shelter.  I've always told Kris this was something I really wanted in a home.  I HATE tornadoes and kind of freak out when we have bad weather.  I know I will be so grateful to have this.


November 14th:

The guys came back to pour the footers.






November 17th:

You can see an outline of the first floor.



We worked a while this day just picking up sticks on the property and hauling them back to a burn pile.







Ledger loves to dig in the dirt with the shovel.



This kid is learning so much from watching his daddy.  He knows how to put the trailer on and off.



November 26th:

A few days have passed and they have got the tornado shelter up for the most part.



This area will be where the dining room will be.  I kept telling Kris it looked so small.  I know it will be bigger than it appears.  It is kind of deceiving.




Almost time for the foundation---FINALLY!!!


No comments: