Sunday, November 4, 2018

Property Blessing

November 3, 2019.  Kris and I decided that before things really got started on our house next week, we wanted to do some kind of blessing over the property.  Kris had the idea to each write a scripture blessing on a stake and then drive them into the corners of our property.  We each spent time thinking about what we wanted our verse to be.  I picked Ledger's.  It is the verse that I hung over his baby bed.  Then, we went to each corner of our lot as well as the two long sides and drove them into the ground.  

Hannah's verse:  "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."  2 Corinthians 4:18




Hers was on the front right side.


Kris was next.  His was on the long end of the right side.  His verse was "This is my command--be strong and courageous.  Do not be afraid or discouraged.  For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."  Joshua 1:9







Layton was at the back of the right side.  His verse was one he recently learned in school and was perfect.  "The Lord watches over all who love him."  Psalm 145:20.





Ledger's was at the back left.  I picked his.  It was "The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace."  Numbers 6:24-25





This was such a sweet moment.



Mine was on the long end of the left side.  I picked "But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."  Joshua 24:15



Lincoln's was at the top left.  He chose "I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength."  Philippians 4:13.





After we each took our turn, Kris prayed over our land and home.  Then, as we were leaving I couldn't help but think that God painted his sky for us.  It was just beautiful!  He is so very good and we are so grateful.







No comments: