Monday, December 3, 2007

Jingle Bell Run/Walk

WOW! What a day we had on Saturday at the Arthritis Foundation's Jingle Bell Walk/Run!!! In keeping with the name of our team, Little Hannah Who and the Grinch, we dressed Hannah and Lincoln up as these two characters! We had SO much fun!! I think Hannah enjoyed dressing up, but I'm not sure I can say the same thing about Linc. They were adorable though. Everyone kept coming up to us wanting to take their picture.

We went down to the River Market for all the pre-race activities starting at 9:00 a.m. The kids got to sit in Santa's lap. Hannah surprised me and actually sat in his lap and told him that she wanted Dora babies for Christmas. However, she did have a really 'I'm not sure about this' look on her face as she sat there.

We were so excited to see so many of our family and friends come to the race! It really meant a lot to us!!! So, THANK YOU!!! We raised more money than we could have imagined, had 65 people join our team, and had many of our family and friends come to the race to support Hannah. We couldn't have asked for more!

I took a lot of pictures!


My mother-in-law made the cape for Hannah for Christmas last year. I added the white fur around the edges. She wore a red and white checked dress that my mom smocked for me when I was little. She had on red tights, white socks, and black sparkly shoes. Jennifer came over Friday night and gave me some great advice on how to fix her hair like Cindy Lou Who as well as some awesome products to make it stay in place. Thanks again, Jennifer! Hannah sat very still for me Saturday morning as I fixed her hair. She smiled really big when she saw herself in the mirror. We had been telling her for days about dressing up as Cindy Lou Who. We let her watch Jim Carrey's Grinch movie so she would kind of understand what this was all about. At one point she said, "I want to be the Grinch." I think my little Lincoln was the perfect Grinch!!!

Look at that face!!! We'll call this his Grinch face. I love this picture!

Lincoln's costume was an oversized red sweatshirt that we sewed the fur onto and a black ribbon for the belt. We dyed a white turtleneck and some tights green. Kris told Lincoln as he was putting on the tights that he hoped this was the last time he would ever wear tights! He had on some Santa shoes and green gloves for his hands. Oh and I had to wash his hair like 4 times to get all the green paint and hairspray out of it!!!

Hannah actually won the costume contest. I won his and her Seiko watches worth $300 each! Pretty cool!
We had a blast and look forward to doing it again next time! Thanks again to everyone who gave to the Arthritis Foundation! Here are the rest of the pictures.

































2 comments:

kristen g. said...

Those pictures are awesome. Your kids were rockin those costumes! I love it!

Jill said...

I can't even put words to how adorable your kids looked! I look forward to next year and being able to join you guys. Tim has said no more marathons or half-marathons for him, and I would never do anything that crazy! I am glad you had a great day!

We missed you at MUGG. Don't miss the luncheon next week.