Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Weekend Pictures

This past weekend, Jeff, the kids, and I went home to Texarkana. Kris stayed here to work on a presentation for his class on Monday night. It is always so good to go home. I wish we could have stayed longer. Lincoln really learned how to say Mimi and Pappaw while we were there. Mimi comes out like Mama and Pappaw sounds like BaBa. So cute.
My mom got these cute little bity ice cream cones. Here is Hannah enjoying one. She has only just recently decided she likes ice cream!

Of course, we always have to go down to the farm--soon to be NEW HOUSE! My parents have decided to build a new house down on their farm which is a mile or so away from their current house. They have lived in their current house since right after I was born so for like 30 years. I think it will be kind of hard seeing them leave that house, but I am excited for them to get a new house!

Can you see the emu in the background behind the fence in this picture? The neighbors have an emu. My dad used to raise them several years ago. They are these big, funny-looking birds. We used to have them in our backyard! Ask me and I'll tell you all about them! Ha!

Here's a close-up of the emu.

I decided to put Lincoln down and let him walk around. What was the first thing he did? Fell down right into a cow pattie--luckily a dry one! But still--gross!

Getting all washed-up!

My parents have a big garden this year. I'm looking forward to getting to eat some of the yummy veggies soon!

The strawberry patch! Can't wait to have some delicious strawberries!


Here is my Dad and Lincoln beside his new truck. He is very proud of it!

Finally, we went to visit my grandmother, Mama Cille, in the nursing home. She had just gotten out of the hospital. She is such a frail little thing. I was so glad to get to see her and made sure I got some pictures with her and the kids.

No comments: