Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Royal Celebration

Gowns, crowns, and castles too,
nothing short of a royal celebration will do!!!

Saturday we had a royal celebration at the Keim Castle for Hannah's birthday! Hannah got to dress up like Princess Cinderella. She looked lovely!



We invited many of the fair princesses and fearless knights that we know (mostly from church and LIFE Group). When they arrived, Princess Hannah gave the princesses their wands and jewelry and the knights their swords, sheilds, and tunics. They all had to walk through the castle onto the red carpet for a grand entrance into the throne room/banquet table!

Ready for the party!


So, I absolutely LOVE these pictures of all the kids! I have to include them all! They are too cute!

Sir Jackson

Sir Ethan


Princess Emma


Sir Benson


Princess Ella


Sir Sean


Sir Carter

I really like this picture because it shows how excited Hannah was about her party. When Kenzie got there, she ran all the way down to the street to give her her stuff. Hannah was just a sweetheart during the whole thing. We were so proud of her!


Princess Kenzie

Sir Grant


Sir Trevor


Sir Nathan Sir Jack

The Throne Room/Banquet Table

The Throne


The goodies

Besides cake, we served Raspberry Sherbet Punch, Rice Krispie treat wands, caramel popcorn, pretzels, caramel kisses, pink M&M's, and Reese's peanut butter cups--all treats fit for little princesses and knights.



I made Hannah a Cinderella cake this year.

The kids played a couple of games--Pin the Crown on Cinderella and Pass the Glass Slipper.




Hannah & Emma having a little toast. I wish Emma had been in this picture. It was cute!





Blowing out the candles!


Lincoln was so good during the party. We gave him a sucker and he stayed preoccupied with it for a long time!

Hannah got lots of really cool presents. She has been enjoying them this week for sure!


We got her this little salon chair. It is the cutest thing.


The boys really got into the knight character and started having their very own sword fight!

At the end of the party, Hannah and Sean started having a sword fight. It was hilarious to watch. They went back and forth for several minutes. Hannah was fierce. I didn't know she had that in her!


Using her new curling iron on her baby. She's wanted a curling iron for a long time.

I have to say a HUGE thanks to my mom and dad for coming and helping so much during the party! Also, thank you to Uncle Wes who flew in from Dallas just for Hannah. So sweet! I special thanks to Uncle Jeff who took pictures for me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Oh, and thanks to my seriously, creative husband who made the awesome castle out of a tv box. It was a hit!


What a great day with great memories! Hannah will only turn 4 once! I'm glad we made it an extra special day. Thanks to everyone for sharing it with us!





5 comments:

The Warriors said...

What a super cute party! I'm going to have to hire you for some of Lydia's birthdays...no way am I that creative!! I've also been meaning to tell you...I LOVE your hair! I know it has been like that for a while, but it looks GREAT!!

Anonymous said...

That was definitely the "Party of the Year". Great job and HAPPY BIRTHDAY HANNAH!!! We love you!

Anonymous said...

So creative! I love the castle! Hopefully we can hook up with you guys next weekend while we are in Searcy for homecoming.

Shanna

kristen g. said...

Wow! Now THAT was a party! Every 4 year old girl's dream I'm sure!
kristen

Dixie said...

What a cute idea! It looks like everyone had a blast! Happy birthday to Hannah!