Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Last Supper

We had a little cooking club get-away this past weekend. Since the Blands are moving soon, we decided we needed to have one "last supper" together. We went to Pangburn and stayed in a little cabin on the Little Red River. It was nice to just go as couples and not have to worry about all the little ones running around. Sloane came, of course, but she was sooooo good!

Jennifer, Nathan, & Sloane


Craig & Carrie

Matthew & Julie

Kris & I

Friday night we made smores around the fire, cracked way too many "that's what she said" jokes, played Cranium and Mad Gab, and just talked (Well at least I know the girls did. The guys probably just sat there in silence around the fire. Who knows!).


Nathan-- keeping the fire going.

Everyone finally went to bed around 2 am. We woke up at about 8:30 a.m. to rain! Big disappointment for the guys. They were not able to go fishing in Matthew's boat. So, they just had to fish off the dock.


One of the highlights of the trip was when Nathan pulled in this huge trout!! He was so proud of himself. He was so proud of it, that they all decided to cook it over the fire and eat it for lunch! I wish I had a picture of this, but by this time, the girls were already gone.



We went to Searcy to get pedicures. They were awesome! They had these wonderful chairs that massaged you the whole time.


The results!
Okay, so part of me doesn't want to share this part of the experience because it is a little embarrassing. BUT I can laugh about it NOW so I will. While we were getting our pedicures, I decided that I'd get an eyebrow wax too. Well, let's just say in keeping with our theme, my eyebrows got COOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY WORD! I was so mad/upset with the Chinese lady who did it. And I was mad at myself for not being specific about what I wanted. She decided she would take it upon herself to completely change my eyebrows! Seriously, I was so upset I cried! I can laugh now, but it took awhile. I'm getting used to the way they look, but hopefully I can get them back to normal soon! So, here's the before (sniff, sniff).

And here's the after.

Honestly, I can hardly look at these pictures! Kris thought they looked good. That actually really helped me cause I honestly thought he'd laugh! Okay, enough said about that.
We cooked out hamburgers and hotdogs for supper. Yummy! Here's the whole group! I love these guys!





We are going to miss the Blands so much! They have been such wonderful friends to us and have been amazing with our kids. We love you guys!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I look like I ate WAY to many smores!!!! I am HUGE!!! Great weekend.

Unknown said...

I LIKE the eyebrows! I'm serious, I really do!

Little Rock Real Estate said...

I like the 'after' eyebrows. You guys are all so cute.

The Warriors said...

I like the eyebrows...